6 (Our Town)

============

I was at school by Carolines locker wearing a yellowish beige sweater and light blur straight leg jeans, with black converse, my hair down, a blue beaded and good necklace with a gold bracelet.

Me and Elena frantically put up decorations for Carolines birthday on her locker.

"Hey, sorry i'm late, i got held up." Bonnie says rushing over hold a sign in her hands.

"It's okay, we just got here to." I say as me and Elena smile at her.

"Could you pass me the balloons?" Elena asks as Bonnie gives them to her.

"What got you running late?" Elena asked while taping the balloons up "I, uh was working on some nee spells, you?" Bonnie says.

"Working out with Alaric." Elena says "I just woke up late" i said making them chuckle.

And then Bonnie holds up the sign that says Happy Birthday Caroline. I take it and begin to tap it to her locker.

"So, uh, i have something i need to tell you guys. And your not gonna like it." Elena says i turned towards her after i was done taping the sign.

"What happened?" I asked me and Bonnie exchanged concerned looks. "Jeremy's gonna be leaving town for awhile, he'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver until this Klaus thing blows over." Elena says.

"Jeramy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own." Bonnie said and Elena drops her head.

"Elena?" i said and she picked her head back up. "I know... i asked Damon to compel him." Elena says softly.

"You, what?" I asked in a whisper "I know that it sounds bad but it's not safe for him here anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The only reason i'm telling you is because i thought you guys would maybe wanna say goodbye." Elena says me and Bonnie looked at each other.

I get why Elena would do it but it just seems like just wrong.

============

"Surprise" we all yell after we heard Caroline come into her house Bonnie, Matt, Elena and I all jump out with birthday hats on and a sign that says happy birthday Caroline.

"What are you guys doing here" Caroline says.

"Well, you blew off school and missed our, work of birthday art so, uh" Elena says taking a purple tiara she had on her head and placed it onto Caroline's.

"Change into warmer clothes, we're going to the falls." Bonnie said, it was Elena's idea to go to the falls, it was Carolines favorite place.

"S'mores, campfire." I say "Cake, like when we were little" Elena says.

"Except with tequila" Matt whispered we laugh at his comment.

"Ah, thanks, guys, really. Um... i'm just not really feeling my birthday this year." Caroline says as our faces drop.

"I'm sorry, what?" Bonnie says shocked like the rest of us "You've already claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year."

"Yeah. And now it's just a reminder that, technically, i'm dead." Caroline says "Look, I didn't even like 17. The only point to 17 was to get to 18. It's a filler year. I am stuck in a filler year."

"You're not stuck, Caroline." Elena says trying to cheer her up "Yeah, I am. But it's ok. You know it's all good. I will be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it." Caroline says.

"Okay" I nod "Well I think I have another idea."

============

"Oh. There it is" I say as me Elena, Bonnie, Matt and Caroline all walk up to the creepy old Fell family tomb.