|Chapter Forty-Four : The God Of The Underworld|

Start from the beginning

Brushing aside his shock, Zander straightened in his seat and shook his head, "She can't do that."

"I'm not asking her to do it, Zander. I'm commanding her. As the High King." Valerian felt terrible to use his position to force someone into this but he had nothing else he could do.

Zander's eyes narrowed at the threat lacing in Valerian's tone, "Mother isn't afraid of you." But when he noticed the flicker of defeat in the king's eyes, "And she really can't do anything. She only owns the territory of Hell in the underworld where demons are sent for their serving sentence. She can't control life and death. We're the rulers of the underworld, not the God of underworld."

Valerian's eyes snapped to him at the last sentence, "Can the God of underworld stop the death then?"

Zander thought about it, "Well, since the grim reaper, Azriel, works under Hades, the God of underworld, I guess yes. If Hades tells his angel of death to not take a soul away, he'd do it. But-"

The prince's stops on his words when he notices the determination in the raven king's eyes, "You can't do that!" He laughs but seeing how Valerian's eyes doesn't even dim the least bit, Zander's eyes go wide, "You can't convince Hades! He's a greek God! He doesn't listen to anyone."

"If I've to fight a beast to keep the light in my wife's eyes intact, I'll do it. What's convincing a God then?" Valerian's words remained firm.

"You'll change the child's destiny if you do this. The fates will be angry, princeling." Dulcamara says from where she'd been sitting on the far end of the study, observing the two men in silence like a ghost until now.

"I don't care as long as my child lives." The king then turns to the demon prince, "Take me to Hades."

"Holy macaroons, are you nuts? I'm not taking you anywhere. Hades will kill me." Zander raised his hands in bafflement, "Keep me out of your family drama, please. I treasure my life. The world would be a barren land without my handsome face existing here."

"Zander, my wife will lose her happiness if she loses the child. I don't have any other option. Help me." Valerian's voice was a plea of desperacy.

He felt like slipping off the ice whenever he thought of holding one of the little one's tiny body in his arms, dead. It made his insides churn with pain.

Kaitlyn's happy face when talking about the children in her womb was all he could remember. He didn't want that glow from her eyes to die. He'd do anything to keep her smiling forever. And he didn't want to lose one of the two he was about to meet either. In the past few months, he'd grown so close to them that even the thought had his heart breaking for himself and Kaitlyn.

After everything that happened with Keith and the war, they'd been hanging onto this string of happiness. He couldn't bare to loose it.

Zander's eyes softened ever so much as he noticed the love and pain in Valerian's eyes for his wife. In the back of his mind, Zander was reminded of the woman he loved with all his might. The woman he was going to marry. He knew himself that he'd do anything for her happiness too. And if Laira and him were to have a child, he'd do anything to save the child as well.

"Fine," The demon prince let out a sigh, "I'll leave you at Hades' castle and then you decide what you want to do. I'll have no part in it. Since that moment onwards, you never met me and I never met you."

Valerian nodded his head in understanding, "Deal."

Somewhere in a corner, Dulcamara sighed. She knew what Valerian was about to do wasn't right but even she didn't want the princeling she watched grow in front of her eyes to face the trauma of loosing another person.