chapter 23 | romancing dominance

Life has many ways of humbling us, sometimes it can be funny, while others experienced a traumatizing event in their lives.

I can say that it happens to me the same way I was given complete happiness-the feeling of euphoria. At the same time, I was traumatized.

May mga pangyayari sa buhay natin na masasabi na lang natin na-ayaw ko na o suko na ako.

But I am not a quitter.

I don't quit just easily.

I don't stop when something from me was taken. I searched for what's more.

Kung magpapalugmok ako, wala namang mangyayari.

Growing up in a household were rules and education is strict, I am thankful for the bravery to stand amidst the broken haste.

I was lost and I ought to find what is there for me. I cope to help myself.

I tried to be selfless once, but all was taken from me. In this world, you need to give something for your own self, or else people will take everything from you.

Just like how I was given everything but all of those were taken from me by a single mistake.

"Hey beautiful, I heard you are leaving the country this coming week?" Derek made his way to our table holding the coffee drink I made him order.

Tiningnan ko siya at napa-ikot ang mga mata sa kung anong klaseng suot niya. This man is unbelievably one of the sought bachelors but he doesn't even care about the way he presents himself.

"Yeah, I just need a little escape from all the noise that's been going on," I replied.

Nilagay niya sa harapan ko ang coffee. He removed the lid and blow a little in the coffee's temperature,

"Be careful it's hot." Binalik niya ang lid at nilagay ang paper straw.

"Thank you, handsome," I said.

I sipped the coffee and tasted the strong bitterness of the coffee.

"Kung 'di lang kita kilala ay baka matawa na ako sa'yo. You? Of all people will run away with this much attention? I don't think so." Pareho kaming natawa sa sinabi niya.

Yeah, I guess Derek is right.

"Believe me, sa pinagdaanan ko sa lugar na 'yon, I am better in silence and peace." I said warmly.

I am telling nothing but the truth.

Lahat ng nangyari sa akin sa Maraya ay pilit kong kinakalimutan.

It feels wrong to force myself to forget Maraya but I want to.

Though I would talk to Maraya in the most casual way-just like today. In a coffee shop, having some conversation with the only person I trust, plus a good talk and coffee settles me.

"Anyways, do you want me to go with you? I can travel with you."

Tinanggal ko ang sunglasses ko at tiningnan siya ng nakataas na kilay.

"Oh please, I don't want to travel with a dork like you," I said laughing.

Derek can be very overwhelming. He's really into women and he beds every single woman he wants. I don't want to hassle myself with another issue.

Itong issue na tinatakasan ko ay malala na nga tas dadagdagan ko pa?

No, thank you.

"Grabe ka naman sa'kin. Gusto lang kitang makasama eh. You were gone for almost a year, plus, it will help silence the issue if makita nila na magkasama tayo." Lumapit siya sa akin at inayos ang buhok kong nakatabon sa isang mata.