chapter 27 | romancing dominance

'MALIGAYANG PAGBABALIK SA LUNGSOD NG MGA MARAYA!'

I read the sign in my mind when the vehicle entered the thriving Maraya—the place I cursed not to return to.

Naalala ko pa rin ang lahat ng mga nangayari sa akin sa lugar na'to.

Ang mga mababait na tao—ang mga marayang tao ng lungsod.

I left this place like how I entered it. it was sudden. 

I will never forget how unannounced my coming here and just how I exit this place without a word.

Nasaktan man ako sa lugar na ito ay hindi ko naman pwedeng isantabi ang mga mabubuting naidulot sa akin sa pagpunta dito.

In here, Maraya, I was a simple person, thriving to learn the authenticity of life.

Sa lugar na ito, ni-hindi ko naramdaman na iba ako sa kanila.

How could I forget how accepting the people here are?

How could I forget when I was taught to love this place by the very man who taught me how it feels to be loved, accepted, and treasured?

How could I forget the man who rides horses and loves his farm and ranch?

The Jakob Buenavista—the farmer Jakob who is humble to his people and kind to everybody.

The man I promised to walk down the aisle with.

I once loved that man—my last first kiss.

Yes, I was fooled and I did have an awful past with him, thus, I am here.

Limang taon na ang nakalipas at siguro naman tama na ang oras na 'yun para makolekta ko ang aking sarili.

Handa na ako ngayong magpatawad at humingi ng tawad.

Kahit 'di na sila humingi ng kapatawaran.

All I need is to be freed totally without burdening myself that I would live my life with people hating me for what I did.

As I said, Jakob deserves the truth just as the same as how I seek an explanation from him.

Binuksan ko ang bintana ng sasakyan at kaagad na sumabog sa aking mukha ang natural na lamig ng hangin.

I closed my eyes and smiled,

"I am here... I am at Maraya again." I whispered, and eyes still shut.

I felt the car move slower and that was when I opened my eyes and saw the familiar engravement of the Buenavista's signature logo—LA CASA HACIENDA BUENAVISTA.

"Baste, dumiretso na tayo sa bahay ni Cyrell." I stopped Baste when he was about to turn the wheels inside the hacienda.

"Sir? Ang akala po namin ay sa bahay ni Governor po kayo didiretso." Napakamot ng ulo si Baste kaya tiningnan ko ang katabi niyang si Roman na tahimik lang.

"Exactly, so what's with the fuss, Baste? I need to have Hacob well-rested before tomorrow's event."

Naguguluhan si Baste na napatingin sa akin at kay Roman.

Roman sighed,

"Sa bahay ni Senator Cyrell tayo."

Senator Cyrell?

When did that man become a senator?

Wow, I can't believe how time flies so fast. Cyrell is now a senator.

Of all people, I never doubt Cyrell's ability to lead but at his early age, he's already a senator.

I am left behind by the people who are important to me but I can't blame anyone because I chose it that way.