chapter 30 | romancing dominance

The last chapter!

-

I once promised to love someone-to be that someone's other half.

I promised to walk in the aisle for him.

Love made me all things I would never do.

It conquered the fear of losing someone. Somehow I am thankful for my dad's effort to protect me in his own way.

I was so afraid of losing him that I was willing to bid in his will. Never did I know that he intended it for me to sideways my fear of losing him.

I have to get hurt to realize that people are worthwhile, while dad was the person, I have to sacrifice in order for me to accept it-to accept that love is painful and a beautiful thing at the same time.

"Ishie, anak..." I opened my eyes to be met by my father's longing gaze.

I bit my lips and tried to reach for him but he immediately stepped back.

"Dad... I missed you so much." I am sorry.

"Daddy missed you too." He gave me the sweetest smile, but I can't reciprocate the action.

I am a mess compared to him.

"I need you, Dad. Please, come back to me. I need my father because it hurt so bad. I am in pain, Dad."

Napatakip ako sa mukha kakaiyak.

My shoulders are shaking from too much sobbing.

"You don't need me, son. You only need yourself. You are doing fine. I am proud of what you've become, anak."

Nahihirapan na ako.

I can't do this anymore.

Seeing my dad once more is a therapy that torments my soul.

"I am so sorry, Dad. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Daddy. Please, I'm sorry. Come back na, please. Bumalik ka na po. Daddy..."

I beg and beg but to no avail, Dad only looked at me and behind me.

"Your son needs you too, Ishie. Handa ka bang iwanan si Hacob? Will you take the amount of pain of watching your son beg for his father's comeback?"

Hacob? Kaya ko bang iwanan ang anak ko?

"Can you take the pain of watching your own son cry-begging? Kasi ako hindi ko kakayanin 'yun, anak." Dad said those words like he is saying it from his point of view.

"I am watching my own son cry in front of me, but I can't do anything about it but regret it because I can't go back."

Pinunasan ko ang basang mukha at tiningnan ang daddy.

"That's it... Wipe your tears, son. You gave your life to make me proud and I am. I very am. Daddy is proud of you, but we can't be like that all our lives because the past will not change. The past remains and the future holds so much mystery for you."

I smiled and watch Dad step out.

Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko para damdamin ang mainit na pakiramdam.

Dad was right-I can't dwell on the past because the future holds so much more.

I closed my eyes and when I opened it, I was taken to the place where my heart belongs to.

My home, Maraya.

Maraya made me who I am as a person-a person who needed the right moment to learn and bloom.