Chapter 10

(Solargem's POV)

A few days after Jazz and Ironhide's arrival, Ben, Rooke, Gwen and Max found a way to return to their dimension. Also, Ratchet went missing. The bots captured Soundwave back to base one day and had to leave the base, so Ratchet was the only one left with Bulk.

I haven't really been on good terms with Ironhide. Jazz told me that it was just his pride that hurt, causing him to become Ratchet #2. King Grumpy the second.

Ratchet managed to tell the bots about the cons' plan and the bots immediately prepared for the final battle.

"Can I come? I want to help!"

"Negative, stay in base and wait for our return." Optimus said.

"Aw..." Yeah, not gonna happen. I'm definitely going.

"Now you know how I feel." Miko commented.

...

I waited until the bots left. I looked at the teens and grinned.

"You are not pulling a Miko." Jack remarked in a serious tone.

"Fine." I slumped my shoulder plates. I went towards my berthroom.

But of course, I had another way out. I had wings for a reason and there was another exit.

I flew out and towards the Nemesis. I managed to get the coordinates and it wasn't really that far from base.

I reached just in time to see Megatron shoot Bee right through the spark chamber 3 times. I hid in a corner and prepared my blaster. I took every chance I had and shot Megatron, who was battling Optimus.

My shots served as a small distraction to Megatron, giving Optimus the upper servo. I kept on shooting until he got irritated.

"Who keeps shooting at me?!" He demanded, turning around. "Starscream! Deal with the pest!" He ordered.

Starscream immediately transformed and came to search for me.

Scrap.

"I'm sure it is you Solargem. Come out come out wherever you are. I want to get a little payback for causing me to..."

I changed my blaster setting to the highest power. As he came close, I shot him. My shot clipped his wing and he went down. I made another shot to ensure he stayed down, although not damaging enough to be fatal.

I didn't say anything and surveyed the scene. I saw an opportunity to catch an opening and swooped down with my blades out.

Megatron was towering over Optimus, ready to take the kill.

"Get off my sire!" I shouted and I stabbed him directly through his spark from the back. My instincts took over and I pulled out the blade, to stab it into him again. I twisted the blade a little to make sure it got his spark for good.

"What..." He turned to look at me. His optics were already flickering, signaling that he would be offline soon.

"Yeesh, I told you to back off!" I pushed him aside before he fell on Optimus.

Who knew he would fall off the edge of the ship.

"Whoops." I shrugged.

I turned to look at the other cons.

"You'd better run." I threatened, my instincts still acting.

"You killed our lord and master, you will pay!" Starscream's optics glowed bright red in fury. I had no idea when he got up there, a platform level above from where he previously was.

"This war is lost, we do not stand a chance against the Autobots. It is illogical to remain and fight. We have to retreat." The con with a single optic said in a monotonous tone.

All the cons ran.

"Wow, you killed Megatron?" An unfamiliar voice said.

We turned to see Bumblebee.

"Bee? Was that you speaking?" I asked.

"What? What do you mean I'm speaking, wait, my voice. Ratchet, I got my voice back!"

"Yes Bumblebee, I can see that." He was smiling.

We all were. We won.

...

Ratchet was staying on Earth with the humans. And I was to do so as well, at least until Cybertron was rebuilt or they needed me.

"You're leaving your sparkling here?" Ratchet asked.

"I believe you are able to help me take care of her old friend. Cybertron is full of uncertainty and danger and until we can ensure her safety, she is not to return unless necessary or requested." Optimus explained.

"Very well." Ratchet said.

...

Never knew that that would be second last time I would see him.

When my presence was requested on Cybertron, he was giving a speech and his last words.

"Sire, who would take care of me?" I asked, energon tears forming.

"I am sure every Autobot will. Smokescreen will still be your guardian."

"But I don't want you to leave! I don't want you to offline!" I cried and hugged him near his waist, since I I haven't grown much since my last upgrade.

He picked me up and hugged me back.

"I will always be watching you Gem, from the Well of Allsparks." He assured.

"I want you to be here with me..." I whined.

"Gem, please. It is not easy for me either."

I hugged him again before he put me down.

"I love you sire."

He nodded and activated his flight tech. He flew up before diving into Cybertron's core.

Soon, streaks of colours appeared from the core. That marked the beginning of a new age.

...

"Solargem, Optimus wanted me to give you this." Ratchet passed me something.

I opened it up. It was a device that projected pictures. There was a picture of Optimus and I playing that shooting game at the arcade. I swiped right to the next picture. It was of Optimus and I in our bipedal forms. There was another one of our bipedal forms but this time, we were holding onto the gigantic bear.

"Thank you Ratchet." It was nice to have something to remember Optimus by. At least I had something, even if it's not that big.

AN: Hey, this is the end of this story. Like, vote comment. Do share any ideas with me if you have, and do feel free to comment any errors. You can PM me too. Thx. I'm coming up with a sequel, not sure how it will turn out but oh well.