Chapter 3

(Layla's POV)

"Smokey!!!" I called out as I searched for him.

We were playing hide and seek, and it was my turn to find him.

It had been a week since I joined the Autobots. I wouldn't say that I infiltrated them.

In the time I have been with the bots, they have shown me kindness and all the good characteristics any 'good guy' would have.

The humans were nice too. The bots wouldn't have interacted with the human government if they were bad. They even took extra caution in ensuring that there weren't any human casualties in any of their battles.

I have never reported back to Megatron. He wasn't my lord and master anymore.

Thing was, I never told anyone about me being a con. Even if I used to be. I wasn't going to tell them, at least until I was ready. I wasn't sure what their reaction would be.

"Hey, are you ok? You seem out of it. Do you need Ratch to take a look at what's wrong?" Smokescreen asked as I snapped out of my thoughts.

I realized that I was just standing around, with a blank expression and just staring into thin air.

"Nothing. There's no need." I replied.

"Maybe we should go out for a while. You shouldn't be kept indoors for too long." Smokescreen suggested.

I disagreed. "I don't have a vehicle mode. And just going around the base isn't exactly the best." The cons could be looking for us, especially me, since I haven't reported back to Megatron.

"Fine, then stay here. I'm going out for a drive."

Well, guess I'm going to take a nap. But I wasn't that tired. I wanted to follow him, though I would be taking risks that could be avoided. I couldn't risk so much. I couldn't bring myself to, even if I wanted.

I made my way back to my room. On my way back, I passed by the training room. There wasn't anyone around. The teens were out with their guardians, Smoke was out driving, Optimus was on a mission, and Ratchet was busy with whatever he was doing. I was on my own. I entered the room.

There wasn't much in the training room. It was just a huge room with targets around. I wanted to have a shooting session but getting discovered by Ratchet was something I did not want.

I stared at the targets, thinking about some things. Would Megatron be worried about me? What did I really want? Should I join the Autobots or Decepticons? I didn't even know who had been lying to me and who had been truthful to me ever since I joined them. Though I have this feeling that the Autobots had been truthful to me. Should I tell the bots about my history with the cons? Should I ask Megatron for answers?

:Solargem to lord Megatron, do you read?: I decided to comm. It was difficult to find a frequency that wouldn't be discovered by Ratchet.

:Solargem, what have you been doing? You were supposed to report solar cycles ago!: He commed back. From his tone, he was a little mad.

:Apologies master, I haven't been able to leave the Autobots' watch for some time.:

:Very well. Have you uncovered something?:

:Apologies, I have not. I commed because I was afraid you were worried.:

:Stupid femme! There are many more capable Decepticons who could retrieve information! Why would I be worried about you, you insignificant femme!:

Energon tears started to well in my optics as I heard his words. If there were more capable cons, he would have ordered them to retrieve information. And anyway, all he did was order me to infiltrate the bots and report their activities. He didn't order me to retrieve information. My secondary mission was just to get close to Optimus and cause some mishaps and whatnot so Megatron could defeat him easily.