Chapter 8

(Solargem's POV)

"Call me Gem. This is Orion, Sean and Jack."

"This is Max and Gwen. Once you're hit, you're out. Last one standing, that team wins." Ben explained briefly.

Max was actually Ben's paternal grandfather.

"Gotcha." Smoke said.

:No other weapons, if you don't already know.: I commed.

"10 seconds to run for cover." Rooke informed.

A beep was heard, which meant the 10 seconds started. They scrambled for cover. Thing was, they ran and didn't turn back. We saw their hiding places.

We ran for cover after seeing where they hid. Not that it was of much use. We sneaked towards them slowly.

There was another beep, signaling that the 10 seconds were over.

I edged to the side of my cover to see Gwen's head. She saw me and I ducked as she took a shot at me.

"She's there!" She called out.

The members of the other team started to leave their cover and came after me. Smoke took the chance to run, shooting at them as he did. He was quick and managed to hit Max. The others turned and tried to shoot him but he jumped for cover. While they were distracted, I ran for another hiding place, taking the chance to shoot Gwen out of the game.

This whole time, Optimus and Wheeljack didn't appear at all. Rooke did try to get a shot at me. That shot was really close. If I hadn't dodged that shot, I would have been out.

He looked like the type of person who rarely misses a shot, because when I took a peek at the situation, he seemed a little upset.

Ben and Rooke were standing out in the open.

All of us bots were surrounding them, just that our opponents didn't know.

"Fire!" I shouted and all the bots started shooting at our opponents.

Rooke was good at dodging shots while Ben, not so much. Ben was out the moment we started the shooting. I took it slow as he flipped into the air. It was easy to estimate where he would land and when. Patience and estimation was put into play.

Wait for it...

Bang.

Rooke looked down, where he was shot in the chest. He turned to me.

"That was a nice shot." He complimented.

"Thanks." I smiled. "You are good at shooting yourself. Your aim is mostly impeccable."

"Yeah yeah. That was quite a game." Ben commented.

Optimus, Wheeljack, Jack, Miko, Raf, Max and Gwen gathered joined us.

"Well, that was fun." I commented, smiling.

"Easy for you to say, you won." Ben countered.

"I didn't win. My team won." I stated.

He folded his arms across his chest and looked away.

"Whatever. It was a great game. We should do something else together next time." I said.

"Yes, that would be fun." Rooke agreed.

"Awesome!" Miko cheered. "Next time, I am so joining in on the action."

I had this funny feeling when she said that. Maybe it was instincts. I shook that thought away.

"Gem, Wheeljack and I will be heading back to base. Are you joining us?" Optimus informed me.