Chapter 6

(Solargem's POV)

Optimus, Smokescreen and I stood in front of the conscious Arcee, who was lying on a medbay berth. I looked at her and she glared back in malice.

"Why did you attack me? I didn't do anything to you." I asked.

"You would think that. You are the bane of my life, a reminder of a failure that wasn't my fault. I fell in love with Optimus back on Cybertron but no matter how hard I tried to get his attention, I was often ignored. I succeeded once but Elita came along and took him away from me. Why do you think I'm always trying to impress him, even if it wasn't obvious." She explained, her voice filled with hatred. "Ever since Elita was gone, I tried to do my best, to help in what Optimus cared about most, the Autobot cause."

"Optimus cares about his sparkling, your last statement isn't valid." Smokescreen pointed out.

I hit his arm for making that comment.

She chuckled a little. "Doesn't matter Solargem. I promised myself that if Optimus doesn't see it by himself and I told anyone about how I felt, well, I'll..." Her servos transformed into blasters and she shot herself before anybot could do anything. She just smiled. "See you in the well of Allspark."

Her optics darkened and offlined. She was gone. Even if we got Ratchet to save her, he wouldn't be able to.

I looked away. I couldn't take it, especially seeing some bot offline.

"Well, that's something you don't see everyday." Smoke commented.

I hit him again. I looked up at him, giving him a glare before turning my attention to Optimus, who was really silent. His faceplate was expressionless but I could see that his emotions were conflicted through his optics.

"Sire, you should go back to your berthroom to rest. Ratchet can take care of this." I told him.

He looked down at me. Our optics met each other. I gave him a look that told him I wasn't backing down. He nodded and left before Ratchet entered the room.

"What happened to Arcee?" He asked, not knowing what had transpired.

"She offlined herself." Smoke replied before taking my servo and led me out of the medbay.

"We should break the news to Jack." I said as we made our way to the main area.

The teens were all in the main room playing video games while waiting for the results of the interrogation.

"So how did it go?" Jack asked, turning away from the game.

"Uh..." Smoke looked at me.

"I'm sorry Jack, Arcee committed suicide. She shot herself, we didn't have time to react." I explained.

He didn't seem angry or sad. He seemed understanding.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"It's not like she's coming back to life if I am." He explained.

"Are you sure? You don't blame me? At all?" I asked.

"Nope." He confirmed, shaking his head.

"Then who's gonna be his guardian?" Smoke asked.

I shrugged. "I can't leave base and even if I could be Jack's guardian, I can't take him anywhere. The biggest thing I can transform into would be a toy vehicle that's bigger than normal but a little smaller than normal cars. Maybe Smokescreen?"

"But he's your guardian." Jack countered.

"Yeah, and all he does is play games with me the whole day. Ratchet can take care of me while Smoke's out with you." I explained.