10.

Monica approached me and snatched the photo out of my hands looking at it closer, "It's Jessica..." Jessica began to panic as Monica handed her the photo.

"Play the tape," Mikey said as he reached for it in my hand.

"NO!" Jessica gulped snatching the tape from my hands first. "I'm not gonna die next!"

"We won't let you die!" Monica said trying to reassure her. 

"Like hell you are! You saw Ryan and I didn't see you helping!" Jessica argued. "if we don't move we're fine! Someone has to come look for us, right!" 

"The tape said an opportunity will open when the time is up" Troy remembered. Monica lunged toward Jessica grabbing the tape from her hands and shoving her away. 

"Only advancing will we get fucking somewhere!" Monica panted.

"M-Maybe she's right," Cynthia spoke weakly, her eyes swollen from crying.

"Only a few of us are gonna survive anyway..." Monica mumbled letting out a nervous chuckle as she pressed play. 

"Hello, Jessica" hearing his voice always sent chills down my spine. "You know why you are here. And yet you still deny it, at this very second you are still denying the fact that you were responsible for Aaron's death." Troy's eyes jerked toward Jessica staring her down in shock and anger. "Both you and Troy are tied together. The first to press the button will activate the other's trap. But be careful, Activating the trap will slowly split the other's jaw in half. Think of it like a reverse bear trap. Troy will you let grief destroy a lifelong  friendship or will you die with your brother. Live or die make your choice." The tape ended leaving both Troy and Jessica trying to catch their breath from horror. 

"I-I'm sorry!" Jessica burst out crying. "I didn't mean-"

"Shut up, Bitch!" he snapped. "You're the one who always wanted someone to pick up your shit you junkie! You knew that was a bad hood and you sent him anyway!" 

"Please listen to me!" Jessica sobbed falling to her knees to beg.

"No!" Troy shoved her away angrily. "Fuck you! You never listen!" Alvaro slowly blocked the way toward the button in case anyone wanted to make a run for it.

30 seconds

"Alright, Troy just relax!" Monica huffed. "Relax, both of you we can work this out!" Troy took a deep breath but he was a tiger trapped in a cage, he was furious.

"I can't believe it was you!" Troy cried. "You out of all people!"

"I didn't mean to!" Jessica sobbed as Troy paced back and forth when the button caught his attention. 

"It's my game..." Troy whispered out as he approached the button.

20 seconds

"This isn't worth it, Troy!" Monica said stepping in front of him only to be shoved to the side hitting her head against the window. He continued forward only for Alvaro to try and shove him back. 

"Man, No one wants to see another death!" Alvaro said keeping his guard up. "What will you earn from this?!" Troy swung his fist across Alvaro's face knocking him over to the side and approached the button. I grabbed the swiss knife from Mikey's pocket and stepped right in between Troy and the dashboard. 

"Back up Troy!" I held it out with shivering hands. "I don't wanna have to do this!" Jessica hopped onto his back trying to stop him from doing anything. "Troy, Please!" She sobbed. "I beg, Have mercy! I don't wanna kill you!"

"Urgh!" He groaned trying to pry her off him. "Did you fucking have mercy when you sent my brother! Did you!" 

10 seconds

"Come on, man! Don't be that person!" Alvaro added spitting out blood. 

"I'll be who I wanna be!" Troy screamed getting Jessica off throwing her back and charging toward me. I tried keeping him back when he grabbed the swiss knife and stabbed it into my thigh. He pushed me onto the floor feeling the painful stab in my leg as he looked back at Jessica. 

5 seconds

"For my brother!" He cried out.

4 seconds

"Troy forgive me!" Jessica sobbed slowly getting to her feet. 

3 seconds

Alvaro ran up to my aid as I took the knife from my leg quickly applying pressure. "Troy..." I gulped as he slammed down the button.

2 seconds

"Die bitch!" Troy screamed.

1

Jessicas head trap activated with a red light on the side, a metal plate slipped forcefully through her lips. "Help me!" Jessica screamed loudly, just as it was slowly prying her mouth open. She tried to keep her mouth closed but it was of no use. Monica attempted to keep the brace closed or take it off. It wasn't long until Jessica's cheek began to tear apart.

"Troy!" Monica cried out as blood squirted out onto her face. We all watched in horror as Mikey tried pulling out the metal plate to keep it from prying open further as her screams of pain echoed around us. I stood up pain still ebbing throughout my leg as I use the Knife to try and open up the brace. 

"I'll get you out! I'll get you out!" I repeated, but who was I really trying to convince here. Blood squirted throughout my face as the brace completely destroyed her upper job cutting her scream to an abrupt halt. I backed away as Jessica's body collapsed to the floor as total silence fell over us. I stood there in shock staring at what was once Jessica's face. Mikey used Alvaro's hoodie and placed it over her face and helped me sit down.

"God forgive me..." Troy cried turning away. Mikey ripped up a piece of his long sleeve shirt and tightly wrapped it around my leg. Monica approached Troy and handed him a key, "It popped out from under the dash when you pressed the button." Troy took it and used it to take his brace off from around his face throwing it off. He let out a sigh of relief as he took a seat in the driver's seat.

"C-Can we not investigate anymore..." Cynthia shook.