- 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜

It's a month before my 5th year at Hogwarts starts. My mother didn't want me just sitting around all day watching television, so she suggested I do other things. It was successful these past few weeks. I've been going out and talking walks in the park. But today was different. She wanted me to stay home.

This morning, she told me that she had a meeting for work at the Ministry and she needed me to stay home and watch my baby sister. My mom just had my sister and was off from work for a couple months. But today was the day she had to return.

I was going to go out with my boyfriend, Draco Malfoy, for dinner but had to cancel on the day of. He was understanding of it and offered to come over if I needed any help.

My mom was just about to leave the house but left me some important reminders. "Okay, and by 7:30 you give her her bottle and then after, she takes a nap. Got it?" She asked as she held her bag tightly. I nod my head. "Yes, mom. You told me 50 times today," I say, laughing.

She sighed. "Okay. Bye, honey," she said as she kissed my forehead. She left the house and off she went.

A couple minutes after my mom left, I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it and Draco was there, standing at the door.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd actually come," I said as he and I leaned in for a peck on the lips. "Oh, come on now," he says laughing.

I let him in and closed the door behind him.

Just then, I heard crying in my sister's room. I ran to her room to make sure nothing terrible had happened while Draco ran behind me. I checked her crib and picked her up.

"What's that smell?" Draco said. I slowly turned my head to look at him, knowing what it meant. He and I started laughing.

I sighed as took a breath from laughing. "I think I should change her," I say. "Is there anything I can do for you? Or her?" He asked.

I sat and thought about it, then I remembered what my mom said. I looked at the clock on the wall which read 7:25.

"Can you make her a bottle for me please? Some warm water and two scoops of the formula should be good. The formula's in a jar next to the toaster," I say. He nods his head and went to make it.

I get my sister changed into a new diaper and put her clothes back on. I picked her up and I thought she would stop crying but she cried again. I sighed.

Draco came running into the room. "I got it, here," he says. I take the bottle and put it into my sister's mouth. It was no use. She kept crying. I tried to softly shush her and rock her gently but she kept crying.

Draco tapped my shoulder. "Hey, let me try. We'll go out in the living room," he said. We both walked out of my sister's room and sat on the couch. I give my sister to Draco.

To my surprise, she immediately calmed down. I watched as he rocked her gently while holding the bottle for her. "Wow. So you're good with kids?" I asked. He shrugged. "Maybe," he says.

I propped my elbow on the couch and put my head on my palm for support. It was nice watching Draco with kids, especially with a baby.

"I think... she's asleep," he says. "I'll go put her in her crib."