It's All Coming Together

Marvin had called Jackie a little bit later, letting him know where he found Anti.

Jackie couldn't believe it at first but then again, why would Marvin lie?

"You sure?" Jackie was already on his way to the store, "Why would he just go there, though? It doesn't make much sense"

He could hear Marvin on the other end and it sounded like he was a little distracted, "I don't know . . . . maybe . . maybe he just didn't feel comfortable at the thought of being around the kids and Stacey. He DID tell us that, after all."

"Yeah, we should have listened" he agreed, "But still .. . why wouldn't he just run elsewhere? Why your store?"

"Dude, I don't know. Maybe he realizes Dark would kick his ass if he showed up there. Look, why are you being like this anyway, man? Shouldn't you be stoked?"

"Well yeah, but . . . Oh hold up. I'm coming up to your store now. I'm hanging up"

When Jackie got to the door, he opened it, seeing Marvin at the entrance, "Hey . . . yeah he's over there chilling" he pointed over to Anti who was in the corner in a bean bag with Marvin's computer.

"He was like this when you got here?"

Marvin swallowed but nodded, "Yeah . . .. like I said. I think he was just anxious. Stressed out, you know?"

"Right" for some reason, Jackie felt something was way off but now wasn't the time.

He walked over to Anti and sat down next to him. The glitch didn't even glance his way, too invested in what he was playing.

"Hey, man . . . what you playing?"

He mumbled something but Jackie didn't repeat the question and instead, leaned over a bit to see.

"Is that . . . is that my Minecraft world?"

Anti suddenly looked nervous but the hero caught it quickly, "Hey don't worry . . don't worry, man. I don't mind. Just don't delete my stuff."

He nodded and kept playing.

Jackie looked over to Marvin and back at Anti, "You seem . . . comfortable around Marvin lately. I realize you two must have settled your differences . . . . You feel comfortable here?"

He just nodded a little.

Jackie actually didn't know what to do. Anti was always usually so loud and out-spoken. Did they really break him that much? He felt kind of bad.

"I'm sorry, Anti . . . We shouldn't have pushed you to stay when the kids and Stacey were coming over. You wanted to go back down to the basement but . . we didn't let you. I should've .. . listened. Shouldn't have pushed you so far"

"Whatever"

It was one word but at least he said something to him.

"I'm gonna call the others and let them know where you are. If you want . . . you can either stay here with Marvin or come back to the house and go in the basement for the rest of the day. Your choice"

Anti played a little more before shrugging, " . . .more to do here"

Jackie nodded, " . . . . . ." he sighed and bit his lip.

He was about to take a huge risk. But he'd tell the others about his decision later.

Without another word, he just nodded and pat Anti's shoulder before standing up and going back over towards Marvin.

"You wanna stay here with him? Maybe later bring him back home and you can see the kids before they leave. You okay with that?"

Marvin nodded. This was just the opportunity he needed, "Yeah, man . . no problem"