Marvin's New Employee

It was weird now.

Things were just too . . .. different now and it was freaking Anti out.

He woke up in the cell to see it was kept open.

He went upstairs cautiously to find breakfast was made and Jackie gave him a plate as usual.

Anti didn't eat but that seemed to be okay. He was about to take everyone's plates as usual when Chase just got up to do it and started to do the dishes!

He must have looked confused because Henrik spoke to him, "Do you not remember, Anti? You told us and part of the deal was you'd be freed from doing chores and getting . . . well . . .."

"Electrocuted if you disobeyed?" Jackie finished, "Don't worry, man. We appreciate you finally telling us. Even though we're still trying to figure out what the hell it IS you . . mentioned"

"The merger" Marvin clarified with a huff, "Honestly, I'm not sure if he IS telling the truth. I can't think of anything I have that would fall under something of that name"

'It's still a start' Jameson shrugged.

Anti relaxed a little but that didn't mean he was going to feel just dandy now. He still needed to figure out a way to get out.

'Fuck this imaginary device' Anti finally decided, 'It's obvious it doesn't even exist so why even stay here at all now? The whole point of staying was to figure out WHERE the device was in the house but since it doesn't even exist . . .'

But the more he thought about it, the more his panic grew again, 'But I still can't just walk out of here. These bands still prevent me from leaving or hurting them or myself. Damn things. They've really thought of everything'

"So" Jackie spoke up awkwardly. Silence followed and even Anti looked uncomfortable.

The hero cleared his throat, "Uh . . . So . . . What you like to do for fun?"

Anti blinked slowly at him and sighed before grumbling to himself, "Fuck, I'd rather go rot in the cage than make small-talk with you dumbasses"

"No one's stopping ya" Marvin snorted only to be swat by Jameson, "Hey! What?"

The magician merely rolled his eyes at everyone's judging stare, "Oh whatever. I gotta go to the shop, anyway. Been leaving the new girl in charge and I don't think she can take it any longer without me"

Chase chuckled, "More like you can't take it any longer. That shop is practically your baby"

"You're one to talk!" Marvin shoved him in the chair, "You clutch onto those nerf guns like they're your KIDS"

"Go to your shop"

"I AM!"

Anti rolled his eyes at the drama, 'But maybe at least if he leaves, things might be a little smoother dealing with these idiots . . without a glare burning a hole in the back of my head'

"Anti, you're coming with me"

The glitch accidentally made the kitchen lights flicker, "Huh?"

"What? You think I'm gonna let ya just roam around here without me around? Uh-uh, bitch. Without me around, the wards are weaker. It'd make the perfect chance for you to try and escape and that's not happening. Now come on, I wanna get there pretty early this morning"

He must of had a look on his face. Worry? Fear?

Jackie grunted, "I'll come, too"

The magician snuffed, "Seriously? You don't think I can handle him?"