Late night thoughts

Luke's P.O.V
Everything was a blur, but the only things that were clear, was me and Abby. She was here, lying, right next to me. She was not only lying next to me, but she was in my arms. My arms. I could feel her heart beat against my side as she breathed so peacefully.

I felt like I just wanted to collapse and enjoy every second of this life I'm living right now. She was here with me, that's all that mattered. She was Ashton's girl but I didn't care. I knew he would treat her bad. He always treated his girlfriends badly. He's even cheated on a couple girls before. I don't know what Abby sees in Ashton. But I do know what I see in her.

God she's so beautiful, and she's so small and so soft. I am totally in love with her. Every moment that I've held it in I just wanted to let it all out, right now. I wanted to kiss her, to feel her, to tell her I love her. But right now, just holding her was good enough. And good enough, was all I could get.

It was pitch black, even though the electricity was on. But It was perfect because no one knew we were cuddling. And I wanted to keep it that way.

If Ashton. found out he would've taken her from me immediately. And I didn't want that. I wanted to hold her. My body aches for her. And right now at the moment I was sad, I was broken.

I was tired from never telling her how I felt. I feel like a piece of me was torn apart, only she could glue it back together. I just wish I never held it in me, I wish i told her right from the start. And it was all my fault and that's why I wanted to hold her right now. Because I know the moment I wake up, it will all be gone.

I thought my heart skip a beat once I felt her scoot closer to me. It was like she was mine, even if it was just for that moment. I wish I could freeze time and stay like this forever. But I can't. If I had to choose a time to freeze one moment and make it last for a long time it would be this moment. Because this is a feeling I've never felt before.

But I want to feel it with her for the rest of my life. If only that was the case. My body froze in place as her neck nuzzled into my neck. I felt chills run down my spine like water shooting through a pipe. I slowly moved my head so I could look down at her. Even though it was pitch black, I could see her. The moonlight barely shined on us but it was good enough for me to see her beautiful features.

Her skin glowed, like an angel. Her tan skin looked white but a beautiful white. I felt my lips tug into a smile as I watched her sleep so calmly. Small breaths escaped her mouth as her mouth was a little open. I tightened my grip on her bare waist since I kinda lifted up her shirt, and I brought her closer to me. I smiled as I nuzzled my head into hers and I smelled her hair.

It was a cent of green apple and honey. She always smelt really good. I smiled before squeezing her side before relaxing my muscles. Now this was the moment, I always wanted to live. And that's when I realized, I'm totally in love with her.

I wanna be hers.

Abby's P.O.V

Even though my eyes were closed, I was awake. I only spelt for a couple of hours but the way Luke held me kept me up. His warm large hand was perfectly secured around my bare waist. I honestly loved being held there. But only he made me feel some type of way whenever he did it.

I felt my skin tingle instantly as I felt his finger graze on my skin. Is he still awake? I wanted to talk to him badly, but I was afraid people would here. It was like, I wish it was just us. I wish it was just us 2 having a sleepover. I wished we were in a fort, watching a movie and slowly falling asleep on each other.

I just wished to many things. All I know is things are gonna go downhill the minute I go on a date with Ashton tomorrow. Luke will go back to being jealous and protective, and Ashton will go back to being the flirt that he is.

But that's why I wanted to cuddle with Luke. Because I knew the moment this date starts, me and Luke will be distance. And honestly, thats the last thing that I want to happen. I don't want to hurt Luke, or be distant from him. He's my best friend. And I.... I love him. He's always been there for me. Always. He's held my hand so many times and even though his hand is way larger then mine, it somehow perfectly fits.

I just sometimes wish... That I was his.

My eyes shot open once I heard Luke sigh aloud, as if he was thinking to himself this whole time. Was he thinking of me? Hmm doubt it.

"Luke?" I mumbled quickly. It felt like I had to put all force into my mouth to even speak a word I was so tired.

"Hmm?" I heard Luke hum, causing his chest to vibrate.

"Oh your awake." I whispered. "Yes I'm awake." Luke chuckled.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.

"What do you think?" Luke said, I could tell a smile was forming on his perfect lips.

"Same here." I said before silently giggling.

"Why can't you sleep?" I whispered.

It took a while for Luke to answer, and I was starting to loose hope. Maybe he fell asleep. Yeah, typical.

"Because I'm afraid." He whispered finally. My eyes widen. I looked up at him.

"Don't be scared of nightmares Luke, I'm right here, I can get your mind off of them." I said.

"No, it's not that. It's just-" Luke paused, taken in a breath before talking.

"I don't want this moment to go. I mean, I'm here, right now, in your arms. And I know the minute I wake up, it's all gonna disappear. And... I don't want that. I still wanna hold you, so I'm trying to keep myself up before I fall into a deep sleep." Luke said.

He wants to make this night last?

"Luke I will always be here." I said as i squeezed his side.

"Yeah, but not always in my arms." He whispered.

My heart skipped a beat. Does Luke Hemmings have a crush on me?

"But um, we need some rest so... Goodnight little one." Luke said before squeezing my side and turning his head the other direction.

I opened my mouth to speak but my voice betrayed me. There was nothing to say. Well at least I wanted to say something, but no words wanted to come out. I wanted to talk some more, but.... I guess I blew it.

"Goodnight." I said unsurely before forcing myself to go back to bed.

Maybe Luke was right, the minute we wake up, is the minute we break apart.