Chapter 22 - Cousins and a memory

Start from the beginning

All eyes were on me now.

"She works and earns guys. Chill. The place she works pays really well. I'm sure she earns more than Seth and Tristan together do." Felix says.

"What?"
"How"
"Where?"

I hear multiple times from my cousins.
"Ugggh. Calm down. Only older ones will get to know." I say in an annoyed tone.

"That's not fair." I hear the younger cousins say.

"As if I care."  I say with a shrug.

After dinner my cousins were ushered into the guest rooms. The guest rooms were on the same floor as us just a different side.

The older ones went to Andrew's office while us younger ones decided on playing in game room after changing into PJs.

"Alina is my partner." Felix screams.

"No she's mine." Mason fights.

"Both of you shut up. She's mine." Allen fights.

"Why are you three fighting over her?

"Because she's the best. You'll definitely win if she's your partner." Allen tells them.

"Can't believe."

"I'll make you believe my dear cousin." I say with fake sweetness.

Then we played for an hour and half. The girls just watched us as she didn't want to spoil their long witch nails. I was teamed with Mason, Allen and Felix once and we payed against our cousins. Poor cousins didn't win even one game. They were furious.

Suddenly my phone rings. Vincent. I excuse myself. He told me that he wanted some help since they were shifting to London now. I gladly agreed and ended the call while entering the game room again.

"Baby we are playing darts. Come." I hear Allen.

I stood there with no emotion. My mind was in a whirlwind of memories now. Memories I never want to revive. Memories I want to forget. Memories that I dread about. Memories that give me nightmares. Memories that give me sleepless nights. That one fucking night that almost cost me my life.

"You go first since you are the youngest." Allen hands me three darts. I clench my fist and gather my courage. I throw the darts towards the target one after the other , with rage , and hit right in the center.

"Wowwww." Felix sings.

I quickly change my expression to a neutral one. "I'll back guys you'll can continue."

I walk away to the kitchen and got myself a glass of cold water. I gulp it down and clench the glass tightly in my hand. I was angry at myself. I banged the glass on the kitchen counter which fell on the ground and shattered into tiny pieces. I close my eyes in frustration.

I squatted down to collect the glass but ended up staring at it instead. I don't why but my mind was not thinking straight. The tiny pieces looked so beautiful when broken. I guess every broken thing has its own beauty. Just like this broken glass was sparkling so magnificently.

I was about to touch a piece when I felt someone pull me by my hand and I crashed into a hard chest. I inhaled that person's cologne and recognized it to be Mason.
"You aren't supposed to touch broken glass Alina. You could've got hurt." He yelled softly.

Instead of replying I just hug him tight. I was desperate for some comfort and warmth. I guess he got the message because he started stroking my back and head gently.
After about a minute he pulls away.

"Let's go out for sometime and then we can talk." He says while cupping my face. I nod and we both carefully go to his car.

Mason's POV