𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3

They were silent. The only thing that made noise was the horses and the birds. Ellie hated the silence, she wanted to hear Y/N's voice, but she knew she had fucked up.

"There's a house up there. When can rest there for the night." Ellie broke the silence.
Y/N nodded, keeping her eyes on the road.
Ellie sight in surrender.

After a while they got to the house. They hide the horses and made their way inside.
It was almost night time, and there was a small storm coming. Y/N hated storms, one of the only things that she feared, it reminded her of her past.

Searching for threats in the house they made sure everything was alright.

"There's only one bed. So I'll take the couch, you can stay with the bed." Ellie says coming from the bedroom.

"No it's ok. I'll take the couch and you the bed." You talked for the first time in hours.

"No. I'll take the couch. See I'm already here." Ellie lays on the couch before you even have the chance.
You groan in annoyance.

"You're so annoying." You mumble rolling your eyes making your way to the bedroom.
Ellie smiles in victory.

"Just call me if you need something." Ellie wanted to make sure you were ok.

"Yeah sure, I thought you didn't care." You say to yourself.
But Ellie also heard that, making her frown.

•At night•

You couldn't sleep, you tried to sleep but it was impossible, it's been two hours. You were scared and you didn't know what to do. A lot of people think being scared of storms is stupid, but it genuinely scared you.

You had an ideia, almost regretting after. You thought that maybe you just needed someone to keep you company, to not feel alone. But there was no way Ellie would agree. You didn't fully forgive her, she said horrible things, but you know she didn't mean it, the look in her face give it away.

Suddenly you hear a thunder making you shake. That was it, you were going to ask her, you were too scared to care.

Making your way silently to the couch you saw Ellie peaceful sleeping, with a blanket over her. You felt bad for going to wake her up so you just quit the ideia. Trying to turn around the tile on the floor made a noise.

*Great.*  You thought sarcastically.

Ellie woke up seeing you there. It surprised her, she wasn't expecting to see you.

"Is something wrong?" Ellie asked softly sitting up, rubbing her eyes.

"Um no, uh I- just, I'm sorry for waking you up. I'm just going back.." You try to explain but you start to stutter. You faced palmed yourself.
Ellie grabs your arm softly, making you stop on your tracks.

"Tell me what's wrong?" She pleads, rubbing your arm slowly.

"I-it's stupid." You sigh.

"Please." She pleads once more.

"I'm scared of storms. And I couldn't sleep since I laid down. S-so I wanted to ask you if you would mind to keep me company." You say in one breath. You look at her face and she looks surprised and slightly blushing.

*Is she blushing?*

She stays silent for a while.

"I'm sorry just forget it." You felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"I'll go." She said making you surprised.

"Really?" You ask her wanting to know if she was just messing with you.

"Yes. Come on." She heads to the bedroom.
You follow her still stunned with her agreeing with this.

She lays on the bed under the covers patting the other side.
You go to that side and you lay down next to her. Both of you facing the ceiling.

"Thank you." You whisper.

"No need to thank me. It's ok." She says turning to you, making you do the same.
You both are now facing each other.

You look in each other's eyes, staying like that for a while not knowing what to say.
She moves her arm, and puts your hair that had fall in your face behind your ear.
The small gesture makes you blush.
She smiles and you smile at her.

"I'm sorry for what I said." She suddenly whispers.

"I know." You grab her hand softly rubbing it. You didn't fully forgive her, but you couldn't stay mad at her.

You two fall into a deep slumber. In each other's presence. You felt safe again. And each day that passed, you realized you were falling even more in love for Ellie.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N
- I know that Y/N actions maybe were confusing in this chapter, like why would she wanted Ellie's company after what Ellie said. But honestly she didn't cared at that moment.
- Don't forget to vote!
xoxo <3