I open my eyes, keeping them locked on hers.

"Do you love her?" Katherine asks.

"Yes, I love him. And he loves me."

"Oh...I- I'm sorry- I should've have pushed it." She looks up at me, forcing a smile as she puts her shirt back on. "What's he like?" She asks, looking to the ground. Her mind seems to be somewhere else, not even caring what my answer would be.

"His name is Kai. We've been through a lot, and I can catch you up on everything! You can meet my friends and-"

"No." She interrupts me.

I laugh nervously, tilting my head. "No?"

She gets up silently and walks over to the kitchen, so I get up, watching her. Something was off. She pulls out a knife from the drawer and I start breathing fast.

"What are you doing?" I ask, backing up.

She vamp-speeds up to me, pinning me to the wall. I gasp, looking at her with glossy eyes.

"If I can't have you..." She brings the knife straight through my stomach and I grunt, grabbing her wrist as my eyes widen. "...no one can."

She drops me to the floor and I grab the knife's handle, keeping it still as I try to sit up. "Stabbing me w-won't even kill me." I get out.

"I know. I would never kill you, Stel. I just can't have you following me." Katherine frowns. "I'm sorry."

I glare at her as a tear drop leaves my eye. I sit back against the wall, coughing up blood as I watch her leave.

And then comes darkness.

— —

-Katherine's POV-

"You have him, right?" I ask, talking on the phone.

"Yep. He tried to follow me with Stella,
but we caught him before he found you're location. He's tied up, unconscious still, but ready for you."

"Perfect." I smile. "I'm on my way."

— —

I arrive into the basement of the abandoned house, walking up to the sleeping boy. Kai. Well, I can admit, Stella has good taste in men- and women of course.

"Wakey, wakey." I smile.

Kai slowly brings his head up, groaning in pain

Kai slowly brings his head up, groaning in pain. I guess he's a human. Once he opens his eyes he jerks up, glancing frantically from side to side.

The he turns to me, and his eyes meet mine. For some reason, he doesn't look scared.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"We haven't officially met, I'm Katherine."

Kai looks down at the chains holding him to the metal chair, and back to me.