Chapter 12

I woke with a gasp, shooting upright, only to find I was already upright.

"My Lady?"

"Sis?"

"Rina?!"

I blinked, noting that my throat now overwhelmingly dry as I tried to speak. So I settled on nodding, taking a huge swig of tea.

"Fufufufu~ Did the little lady get an answer she wasn't prepared for~"

I turned and glanced from under my bangs, huffing as I took a smaller sip of tea.

"No. I simply thought of something I needed to do."

I let my eyes flutter almost shut as I sighed under my breath. I heard them talking, but spaced out before Ami sat next to me.

"You want to ask about the coffin, don't you?"

"Hn"

"The Earl said they were finished here, we can stay for a few more minutes and ask,"

I nodded, watching the two of them walk out the door, the four of us staying back in the darkened room.

"Undertaker."

I stood, placing down my finished tea glass.

"Yes, dearie?"

I glanced back to the coffin.

"Have you had any customers, living or not, named-?"

"My ladies, Sirs, the young master wishes to know why you stayed back,"

"Oh, Sebastian. We needed to ask the Undertaker about something, we'll be done in a minute,"

I said blankly as I felt eyes gazing on my back. He nodded and the light that flooded our vision faded. A giggle sounded out and my eyes snapped to where the Undertaker stood, snickering away.

"Now dearie~ who is it that you're looking for? Mayhaps I can be of service to you~"

I heard a growl and sent a glance to the blondes standing near me. They got the hint and quieted down as I turned back to the silver haired man.

"As I was saying hefore, have you had any living or dead customers named 'Yamika Tenshi' or 'Yani Tenshi'?"

He thought for a second with his hand placed to his chin, his long nails making me ponder whether he would cut himself, or how he managed to sew up his customers.

"I don't believe so, dearie~ I'll keep you updated however!~"

I smiled softly and thanked him, before heading out to the carriage. Sebastian saw us and smiled, although it was looking a bit forced.

"Sorry for taking so long,"

"Its no problem, my lady."

The rest of the trip was quiet, as all three of us were thinking about possibilities about what's going on.

'do we think vamp or demon?'

I stared out the window, not looking at anyone in the carriage.

'no, not even a desperate and starving vamp would hang their prey on display... Even if the hunters weren't as bad here, that would still be straight-up suicide,'

'not to mention all the shinigami, demons, and angels roaming around. Fallen at that.'

'hn. Yeah... You think someone's trying to frame vamps?'

'i don't know, Rina... But we'll find out soon enough.'

I nodded subtly to the two across from us.