Author's Note

Hi, hello, my name is Anastasia and I am the author of this book. Although, a lot of people refer to me as Shrek so you may call me that too. Anyways, I wanted to write about my thoughts on this book.

At first, I wanted to write something that would let out my angst that included something that I loved. And I saw that there weren't very many Giyuutan fanfics, so I chose that as my starting point. I'm gonna be honest, I had no idea how the story was going to end. I had ideas for the characters, backstories, storyline, but none for the ending.

I was originally going to have Tanjirou die, but I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be just sad or have some hope to it. If you're wondering how he was going to die, well in the chapter titled "I Like That You're Broken," I was going to have the two of them get hit by a car and have Tanjirou die instantly while having Giyuu survive.

Then, my brain went to coma and yeah, I didn't like that idea very much. I wasn't even planning for Sabito to die the way that he did, but I think it added a more dramatic element to the story.

I'm sorry if it's not the ending you wanted. I'm not even sure if it's the ending wanted, but I went with it. If I should change it, definitely tell me in the comments!

And if you would like more fanfics based on underrated ships or something else that you like, comment some suggestions! I already have two ideas in mind, an alternate universe Omori fic and possibly a fic where someone is stuck in the past. (That's all I'll say because it's more than that.)

I really hoped you enjoyed my fic and thank you so much guys for reading it! You are all so amazing and beautiful. I am so proud of each and every one of you! Stay healthy, take care of yourselves, and try your best to stay alive. I love you all!