Chapter 39

Ruby's Pov

I stiffed hearing that.

"Ruby you there." John asked. Roy and Sam were also looking at me. If Rossy would have in my place she would have handled it more properly.

" Actually it was a mixture of Wolfbane with a special kind of herb." I answered looking ahead . "Oh I have never seen that type of liquid anywhere and it made a pretty bad impact..." John trailed off.

"By the way what kind of herb was that. It burned your whole fur the moment it fell. " Roy asked.

"Its a special plant that appears in the summer of every five thousand years. It grows in pair. There are only two leaf in the plant. It is small in size just 2 to 3 cm. But the effect it has on a wolf is very bad. If you are not familiar with it it can cause your death. The wolfbane makes the wolf shift back to human form and then the liquid in it sips through your skin to inside your body. It damages every blood cells that it comes in contact with." I answered there question remembering what Rossy had written in her diary.

"It was a lot to take in. Now I have to make the patrol more tight. It may harm many of us." Roy was worried.

"Don't worry Roy. The plant will not grow again for more four thousand forty years. By that time we will be at moon garden." I laughed at the reaction he had.

"How did you know so much about it my Love?" I was Sam. I glared at him through the mirror.

"First of all I am not your Love. So stop calling me that. And about How I got to all information about it because, Rossy had mistakenly once ate one of its leaf which made her passed out for nearly a month. She was on a verge of death by that time but it didn't kill her because I gave up all my energy and power to her body for one whole year to heal her. She was left unprotected for a damn year. It hurt to see her like that." I remembered when she would cry at night to make the burning stop. "This time it was mixed with wolfbane hence it reacted even more rapidly . This was the other pair of the leaf that Rossy had ate." I wiped the tears that had decided not be in my eyes anymore.

"You both are fighters." John said patting my hand. Sam growl at him. Roy glared at him.

The time in infirmary passed rather quickly than expected. Many were injured and they were more shocked to see me in place of Rossy. She was far better than me in this job, I am just using her memory to treat them.

When I reached back in my room in castle. Sam was sitting on bed looking out. " Ruby I want to say something to you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates may be unregular  for some days.