Chapter Twenty

[Third Person...]

"It's a parasite!" Tony yells through the compound hallways looking for Wanda. Wanda was currently in the cell room watching you sleep peacefully.

Suddenly she heard Tony come in and whisper her name, indicating he wanted to speak with her outside.

So with one last look Wanda looks toward you and walks out now speaking with Tony.

"It's a parasite!" He yells excitedly

"A pair of what?" Wanda asks very confused at the word Tony just used

"A parasite, it's a bug that can somehow find its way into the body. Depending on if it was injected for a purpose or found it way in there on its own it's still a step up." Tony says happily

"What is it doing?" Wanda asks

"This type of parasite is called a Lythargic Comatose Reminisce, it's a parasite that attacks the brains memory drive as well as enhancing of powers."

"How does it do that?"

"We haven't gotten that far yet... but still it's exciting!" He says holding his hand up for a high five in which he does not receive from Wanda.

"Y/n would have gave me a high five." He mumbles putting his hand back down

"Y/n is also in a cell with a fucking parasite damaging half her brain. Instead of looking for high fives why don't you look for ways to take the damn thing out?!" Wanda yells frustratedly, Tony sighs.

"Alright, calm down, woogly woos. Things like this take time."

Wanda sighed before speaking again, now calming down.

"I know, I'm sorry... it's just... it's going to be so much harder for her with dealing with her new powers once this parasite is gone, she won't know how to control her powers." Wanda said sadly

"She'll figure it out, she's strong. She has a strong mother, strong father, strong girlfriend, strong team. She's got this." Tony said encouraging Wanda.

Wanda gave him a small grateful smile with a nod before going back into the cell room, where you were now awake.

"Y/n!" She yelled excitedly

You looked at her confused. Looking around as you sat up in your bed.

"W-where am i?" You asked Wanda, your eyes still a different color. Wanda knew it would be dangerous to let you out, or even open the cell door. It was best to keep you calm.

Wanda explained in the gentlest way possible why you were in the cell. Your head hung in your hands as you became frustrated with yourself, growing angry.

"It's okay, y/n." Wanda tried comforting you through the glass.

"You don't understand Wanda, I- I" y/n eyes starts to form with tears

"I do understand, and it's okay.. we can get through this" Wanda says putting her hands on the outside of the cell, her eyes filled with worry, and concern.

Y/n begins to become angry, the fire engulfing her hands, and her eyes turning a wine red.

"Does this look okay Wanda?!" Y/n voice turns almost demonic, as fire engulfed your hands. Wanda was completely shocked at the voice change, and admittedly a little scared. But she knew somehow the parasite was at fault for this, wasn't it?

"Yes, your still perfect to me." Wanda says looking into your eyes meaning every word that spilled out of her mouth.

Y/n starts to laugh mockingly.