Chapter five

Back at the compound...

The sun was peaking over the mountains, and everyone's mental alarm were now ringing in their heads, metaphorically of course.

The first to wake was Steve, he put on some socks before walking towards the kitchen and began cutting up fruit for the other Avengers. The second to get up was Nat. The others would be taking a while to get up, Wanda usually tried doing some meditation in her room before coming out to join the others. And Buck usually sleeps in until midday. As for Vision, he tries to read awaiting for the rest of the team to get up or at least finish their breakfast.

Steve finds it weird you hadn't gotten up yet, he seems to be aware that you usually are the first to second one up. He loves to talk to you in the morning about easy things, as he's cooking.

After Wanda leaves her room to come out and join the others for breakfast, he takes it into concern that still you have not gotten up. So he turns towards Nat and asks. "Has anyone seen y/n this morning?" He asks concerned.

"No, maybe she's still asleep." Nat says scrunching her eyebrows together. Steve nods before returning back to the cooking.

But the feeling in back of his mind would not go away, the feeling that you weren't there in the compound. Steve is very observant and knows your routine, even after just three days living together.

"I'm going to go check on her." He says hesitantly side walking towards the hallway to your room. Before he could get to the hallway although Tony and Pepper come in to the kitchen, Tony looking pretty excited.

"Good morning everyone!" He says putting his hands on Natasha's and Wanda's shoulders. Everyone looks warily at him, wondering who will be the one to tell him that his pride and joy, rare to say, was not in the compound and none of them knew where she was.

"Where's my girl? She should be up already, she training? Hm?" He asks looking down the long hallway with many turns.

"Uh.. Stark.. I-" Steve starts to say but ends up choking, not finishing his sentence.

"What?" He asks looking around at everyone's faces, now reading the room.

"Where's y/n?" Pepper asks now worried

"Uh- y/n is..." Nat starts to say but she is cut off by FRIDAY speaking.

"Miss Stark is now returning from her run." Everyone takes a breath, while Tony starts to laugh thinking they were trying to pull a prank on him.

"That was a good one, pretending you lost my only child. Pretty funny, I was like-" he holds up his fingers only leaving less than an inch of space between his index and his thumb. "This close to kicking all of your asses, ah! That was great!" He says slamming his hand on the table with excitement making the other Avengers jump a bit, before jogging towards the entry way of the kitchen waiting for you.

The other Avengers just look at eachother nervously laughing, it wasn't that they were terrified or even scared of Tony. It wasn't even the fact that you were not old enough to take care of yourself, it was that Tony was overprotective and knows with the Stark name there will be people out for your head.

Tony had many enemies, and adding to the fact for Pepper your father had not shown up like he does every year, they couldn't take the risk of losing you or at least not knowing where you were.

Before anyone could think of anything else you jogged into the kitchen Tony hiding a bit to surprise you, your earbuds were full blast in your ears so you slowly took them out of your ears looking around at everyone.

"Why the glum looks?" You ask weirdly when suddenly someone scares you from behind.

"BOO!" Tony yells