20. Waiting

She sighs deeply, running her hand in her messy hair. 

"Care to explain?", Hunter said sarcastically. 

Everyone's attention was at her and the opened pages of her sketch book on her lap. Her mouth went dry and she gulped trying to push down the lump forming in her throat.

"I wasn't so sure myself", she started. 

"But, if I were to guess, it is actually a plan to build a machine. A deadly weapon against.....against Joey."

Everyone in the tent gasps but remained silent, urging her to continue.

"The Hall of Elements, received a top-priority secret project from the the king himself. We were to design and build this machine to defend ourselves against a secret 'dark force'."

She breathed deeply before beginning again, "The heads at the Hall did not give away much and just told us that we are possibly the only ones in between our kingdom being safe or totally annihilated."

"The machine was in the building process when I left the Hall", she ended shaking her head. Everyone remained silent. 

So the Luminiary of Light has predicted that a probable enemy was about to challenge his Kingdom's stability. He must be really sure about it to have this project done in top secret priority.

Without a doubt, Evaria has one of the biggest influence within the Hall of Elements but a plan such as this would require expertise from all parts of the realm so it must have gotten approved by at least a couple of other Luminiaries as well.

"So, you think it is me?", I asked emotionlessly. 

That's quite impossible. I may not know exactly what it means to have total control over my Shadow link yet but I will definitely not serve as a threat to huge kingdoms.

She nodded slowly, "But I hope I am wrong".

***************************************************

Staring out of his tall glass window, he chuckled evilly by himself. He couldn't be anymore overjoyed by the news. 

Ever since the day a superfluous girl ran away from the camping grounds on Dawning Day, rumors had began spreading from one village to another like a viral disease.

There were stories of her propelling a few boys high up in the sky, suffocating them, ran deep into the forest and vanished. 

There were also ridiculous stories of her being possessed by evil spirits and were consumed after she disappeared, her killing fellow campers and so on but no one knew the exact identity of this mysterious girl.

No one else but the camp mentors who locked her up.

'And me', he thought to himself a sly grin plastered on his face.

"Finally, the time has come for me to fulfil the destiny that my ancestors have been hungering for for countless generations.", he bellowed to himself in his overly large and lonely room.

He had waited his entire lifetime for this. He had wished for an eternity hoping that he would be the one to fulfill the destiny that his ancestors has been dreaming of.

Now, the opportunity has finally presented itself right at his doorstep. 

That girl. 

The girl who did not attract the attention of anybody, who everyone thought is a typical superfluous.

Except for him.

From the moment he sensed a faint purple aura emanating from her when he visited the camping grounds to give a speech, he knew that it was highly possible that she was one of them.

She is his key.

No doubt she is in hiding now, but he does not mind waiting. He had been waiting patiently for decades so a moment longer would not dampen his spirits.

After all, this little bump in the road might even be of benefit to him. She must be training to control her powers and be more powerful and that's exactly what he wanted.

"The secrets to immortality shall be mine soon.", he bellowed darkly, striking his long staff to the ground leaving it standing upright as he leaves to meet the king.