9. Rule The Roost Continues

It was the five of us against a group of eight guys. They had really caught us of guard and surrounded our tower in no time. I got a good look at the enemies while we were slashing at each other in close range combat.

There was something dark in their eyes. Their gaze was blank as though they were doubles. They attacked head on without any sign of tiredness or a single cry of pain whenever they were slashed. They fought swiftly and mercilessly as though they were in a trance.

The battle went on for quite sometime. Eventually, my teammates were down but these FlameForgers and MetalBinders had no intention at all to steal our flag which was now standing defencelessly by itself.

They continued attacking my injured teammates brutally and emotionlessly. Countless fireballs and metal darts were shot through the air and the forest began to burn.

No one else came to our aid. I was quite beaten up as well. I was losing consciousness as blood began gushing out of my open wounds.

As I lay on the ground helplessly, I could feel all the living inhabitants of the forest screaming in pain. The forest's life source slowly fading away. However, those brutes were not stopping anytime soon.

'That's it. This ends now.' I thought to myself as my mind went blank with fury and anger. Something came over me, and I can feel a surge of power entering my body. I was still bleeding seriously but I felt reborn.

Filled with rage, I stretched my hands out towards those cruel bastards. It was as though time has stopped. They began to rise, floating high up in the sky, choking as though they were being suffocated.

Then, as though the trance had been broken, the dark gaze in their eyes disappeared and was instantly replace by fear. I was still conscious but my body felt this surge of power that needed to be unleashed and dark thoughts began to creep in my mind. I smirked as I saw true horror in their eyes for the first time. They seemed normal for once that night.

They begin to writhe in the air but I had no sympathy for scum like them. I wanted them to feel how the forest and my injured, unconscious team mates felt. What they have done should be repaid ten folds. I was no longer myself but I had no intention of stopping.

However, the mentors showed up. I could see their shocked faces full of worry. They immediately put out the fire and the surge of power within me disappeared. The guys falling limply on the ground.

I let my guard down and fell to the ground as the forest and my team mates were safe now. I was so exhausted that I collapsed.

My vision fading to dark. I felt my body being lifted up. "Get her to the cabin. Tie her up and lock her in the shed." Ordered a man with a deep and shaking voice.

In the dark unconscious realm, I finally heard the entire rhyme for the first time.

"Tick-Tock goes the clock,
Who's the darkest of the flock?
Filled with anger, sorrow, fear and rage,
Always trapped in his own cage,
The darkness awaits, waiting for the age,
Where Black Fire will burn down all,
The Dark Lord will rise and all will fall"