4. Dawning Day

It all began when I was called for Dawning Day. The day in which all teenagers in Evaria have to go through a week of camp(more like Judgement Day) to determine which class we belong in.

The final judgement to decide whether you will be ranked and bare the responsibilities as a warrior, a mage, a hunter, a healer, or a rogue. To see which role would we fit into in the society. It has been the way of life in this universe ever since the beginning of time.

Throughout the camp, we will be given tasks and missions to see where our potential lies. We would take turns hunting and collecting food from the forest. We would be familiarise with all sorts of weaponry and the way of battle.

We will also take care of the stables and heal the wild animals that were found injured, build lookout towers and tree-houses to watch guard over the night and avoid enemy invasions. It is a place filled with every teenagers hopes, dreams, tears and sweat.

Once Dawning Day arrives, it is time to shine and show off what you are capable of.

Not to mention, it's the ultimate training ground for teenagers who have not discovered their link and are hoping to do so, to avoid forever being forever labelled as a "superfluous". And to be honest, that was the one goal I had when I first step foot on the camp grounds.

To discover my link. Growing up in a family of Earth Trotters and Water Gliders, I have always thought that I would eventually join either one of the two linkgens but that ideal future was getting further out of reach as I am already about to end my teen years. Oh. My. God.

However, that had never bothered me. Till now.

I was in total awe and yet petrified during my first day at camp. Everyone was divided into cabins according to their links and it seemed as though they all fit in perfectly with each other except for a minor group of individuals who have not obtained their Luminence (avoiding the use of the term "superfluous") and that group included me.

Looking at my group of team mates, we are a bunch of awkward teens with our individual characteristics and way of thinking. It would take time for us to get along and know more about each other before we even start to work on teamwork but I am glad everyone seemed willingly enough to try. More importantly, I am confident that once we have that figured out we would be a force to be reckon with.

To some families sending their children off to camp for them to chase their dreams and bring back glory is an undoubtedly glorifying accomplishment. However, to some people this was easier said than done.