7. Hunter

"Who's there?" I asked while staring at the tall, muscular figure who was trapped in the pit. 

"And who needs to know?!" he shouted back. 

It was a guy(obviously) with a deep and annoyed voice. He was moving restlessly in the pit trying to scan his surroundings and locate my position.

He was without a doubt, totally blind in the dark as he struggled to climb out from the pit while shouting at the empty space beside me demanding for help. He could not tell where I was standing. 

That amused me a little so I decided to help him out.

He was really clumsy in the dark but once he got out of the pit, I realised that he was actually quite tall and fit. He was wearing all black with a weather-beaten brown cloak to match. 

He also had a pair of what looks like butterfly swords but longer, which he carried on his back. He looked like a hunter.

However, more ironically was the fact that when he introduced himself later on, I got to know that his name was Hunter but he is actually a warrior(ironic indeed).

With the aid of the dim moonlight, I could roughly make out some of his features and I have to admit I was taken aback by his appearance. 

He had a chiselled face, the perfect jaw line and crystal clear hazel eyes. He was super good looking; a little rugged with dark colored hair tied up to a little ponytail at the back.

We both paused for a couple of seconds, staring at each other before returning to being cautious towards each other again. 

His right hand went towards his back gripping the hilt of one of his swords while I was holding on to my own combat knife strapped to my waist. Both of us not knowing whether or not to trust the other.

Anyways, I broke the silence first by asking him who he was and what was he doing here. It turns out he is a LightBringer (That explains his clumsiness in the dark). 

He explained that he is not a knight serving the palace. He is actually a lone wanderer and he sneaked in here to find shelter for the night. He always returned to this part of the forest every once so very often as there is hardly anyone who comes here.

Then, he begin interrogating me. 

Dammit. I was suppose to be asking him questions not the other way around. 

Normally, I would not expose myself too much to a stranger but I felt oddly safe talking to him. He could not believe that I was a superfluous which I found quite offensive at first but ignored it.

We continued throwing questions at each other while keeping a safe distance apart, still being cautious towards each other. 

I forgot how long we went on for but I eventually decided to go back to the cabin to get some rest before the next mission.

That was the first time we met and I can't help but feel that there was more to him than what he chooses to show.