8. Rule the Roost

After that encounter with Hunter, I continued on training at camp as usual while he was no where to be seen. He had probably went off somewhere far away from the camp as he said he was actually on the search for someone.

He also mentioned that he had been searching aimlessly and has no clue on where or who that person could possibly be. How strange. Even though, I still could not shake off the feeling that he was hiding something, now is not the time for that as it is finally time for another night mission.

This would be our third mission at camp. Our team had surprisingly manage to win at both of the night missions so far, and now one of the biggest and most talked about mission is on, Rule the Roost.

Basically, the objective of this mission is to protect your tower, ambush the enemy and bring down the enemy flag.

Undoubtedly, it is the most important mission for all warrior and hunter wannabes as it requires one to possess and showcase his/her fighting and hunting skills. It was a battle of survival of the fittest.

All viciousness and the spirit of competition is welcomed but it was in the camp's honour to always respect each other so no cheating is allowed.

Fortunately, our leader was really good at strategising. I am quite sure this was why we manage to win the first two missions in the first place. We decided to stay low and let the other teams battle it out first while we wait for an attacking chance.

Most of us including myself, was assigned to protect the tower while a couple of us went closer to the enemy territories to scout out the enemies. We needed to guard our tower extremely carefully cause the other teams would definitely be targeting for our flag since we are now leading by two victories.

Each tower was separated by dense forestry. No one knew where the enemy tower could possibly be located as we were all blindfolded and brought to our respective towers by the mentors. It was quite and dark. The forest was just faintly illuminated by the moonlight and our flame torches. It seemed as though the entire forest was asleep.

Suddenly, I heard rustling from the huge bushes behind our tower. We swiftly turn around and was on high alert. "Weapons on arm everyone!" I said. Everyone was immediately on battling position, ready to face an ambush.

Then, it went very silent. A little too silent, as though something was wrong. It was definitely an ambush. My eyes began roaming into the darkness trying to spot the enemy. Out of no where, fireballs came exploding towards our direction.

The FlameForgers.

"Take cover!", shouted a team member of mine as they continued their attack. We were attacked by a barrage of fireballs and hard metallic balls.

'Hold on, there are MetalBinders here as well?' I thought to myself as sharp metal spears came shooting through the air into our tower. We were being attacked by both teams at once! They teamed up to ensure that our team loses.

However, more importantly was the fact that these FlameForgers and MetalBinders were really playing dirty. Well, an eye for an eye. It was time for a counter attack.

Things were about to get messy.