2. In the Forest

I fell head first into a deep pool of mud and was probably about to suffocate as I furiously gulp for fresh air. I tried to regain my balance but there was no time to think of a solid plan as loud shouts could be heard from the inside of the cabin.

They must have realised that I had escape. Crap

I will not let them hand me in to the LightBringers. Although, the LightBringers are known for their righteousness, they would give not give a damn to a criminal or anybody who is sentenced to prison.

Therefore, with wrists still tied together, without any idea on where should I run to, I got up again and ran towards the darkness of the forest. The only place I ever felt safe in this entire camp.

It was freezing cold and the thunderstorm did not seem like it was dying down anytime soon. All the creatures of the forest were probably taking shelter and hiding from the rain as all that can be heard was the raging thunderstorm and the sound of my footsteps breaking twigs and smashing dried leaves on the forest grounds as I ran.

There wasn't even an owl to be heard of. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me, deeper and deeper into the dark forest which borders our camping grounds and the outside world. I had to lose them and put as much of a distance between the camp mentors(who are my enemies now) and myself as possible.

They could have easily recaptured me using their individual powers but they didn't. I guess they did not want to awaken the entire camp. I was surrounded by pitch black darkness as huge dark clouds covered the moon, blocking out the only source of light.

Fortunately, this was an advantage to me, as I can find my way pretty well in the darkness. The forest is my domain as I have spent many nights escaping from my cabin and hiding in the tallest of trees to gain a peace of mind.

For a moment, it went awfully quite as though there was no one around but me, suddenly a huge arm grabbed me by the neck and pulled me behind a huge bush. 

"We have to get out of here now!" urged a oddly familiar voice.

It was Hunter.

I couldn't be more glad to see him but there was no time for greetings. He quickly slashed the ropes tying my hands up with a hand-knife and put a cloak around me before leading me deeper into the forest.

We were nearing the hidden pathway he usually used to sneak in to the camp grounds when we instinctively ducked into the shadows as we heard footsteps nearby.

"Damn it, where could she be?" 

"We lost her. How is that possible? She was tied up and seriously injured" shouted two men impatiently. 

Two more mentors joined in and they sounded like they were at wit's end.

"Darkness everywhere, it's perfect for her" 

"Well, it is confirmed she is a damn ShadowCaster".

I may have been too shocked and exhausted that I did not realise till the moment Hunter yanked my hand really hard that I had been frozen in position, staring blankly into space.

'Hold on, did she said ShadowCaster? Me? How could it be, ShadowCasters were just a myth.'

What happened back there before I was carried back into the cabin.