Vladimir ran to me, slapping me to keep me awake. Rafael and Dane began to get the chains and ropes off of me. I felt the darkness coming and so I said the one thing I always wanted to say.

"I love you."

After that, the darkness came and I let it go.

Milo's POV

"I love you."

Did she just confess her love and pass out? Really Aniyah? Oh, shoot. She passed out. These idiots are over here crying over her instead of getting her to a hospital. I rushed to Aniyah and grabbed her from her brother and Vladimir's hold. I rushed through the building with Aniyah in my hands to the ambulances we had waiting. When I got there they grabbed a gurney and Matteo tried to find a pulse. Matteo said he found a pulse but it was weak.

We finally made it to the hospital and went to the waiting room. A nurse came out and told us the doctor would see us after Aniyah's surgery was over.

After 7 hours, everyone was aggravated... But, I'm livid. I finally got her back and this dummy had to give herself to the enemy. I was looking down at my feet when a door opened. Two men rushed over and stood in front of me.

"Um. Boss. When we were sweeping through the building again, we found something. A paper," he said nervously. He handed me the paper and took a few steps back along with his partner.

I looked down at the paper and felt my blood boil. It was a marriage certificate dated for today with Donovan's signature but Aniyah's missing.

"Was there anything else?" I asked.

"Y-y-yes sir," he said.

"Well, what was it?" I shouted, gaining the attention of everyone in the waiting area.

He handed me more papers. They were all marriage certificates with dates from the day she was kidnapped to today.

"I'M GOING TO KILL HIM," I screamed. The two men left the room quickly. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone.

"I want Donovan in cell T5.

I don't care about the orders Aniyah has given. If he isn't in that cell hanging from the ceiling by the time I get there you're dead," I said deathly calm.

I hung up the phone, grabbed my jacket, and headed for the door.

"Where do you think you're going, Milo?" Daxton asked.

"To handle some business."

"No. You're going to stay here and wait for Matteo to give us the news of your sister. And while you're waiting you're going to tell us what's on those papers that you've been gripping since you've gotten them."

"I'm good," I said, heading for the door again. Next thing you know I'm pinned to the wall.

"I know that you've missed her. You've just gotten her back and she was taken again by the person you hate the most. But how do you think she'll feel if she wakes up and you're gone, who knows where? I know you remember how that felt."

"She'll feel betrayed and like I don't care. I'm sorry for being disrespectful papa."

"You're forgiven petit tigre."

Papa hugged me and said, "You know. It's okay to cry. I know you and Aniyah feel that it's weak for others to see you cry. But it makes you human. And whether you see it or not, everyone in this room is family."

With that, the tears came flooding out.

"I failed. Again. You saw her. He did all of this because of his stupid obsession. He took me away from her and I couldn't protect her. She went through hell and I was stuck not knowing and not helping. How can I face her after all of this?"

Daxton didn't say anything. He just kept holding me.

"You face her because you love her. Whenever she talks about you she has a smile on her face. As much as everyone in this room wants to be her hero, we can't, because you are. She looks up to you so much. She missed you from the day she thought you were dead to now. And she loves you. Now you just have to be there for her," Vladimir answered.

I wiped my eyes and looked over at him. Everyone watched as I walked to him. Dang. I'm not going to kill him.

"I don't like you. But you have my respect. Aniyah likes, no loves you. So, I give you my blessing," I told Vladimir.

"You WHAT?" everyone exclaimed.

"You? You give him your blessing? And how did you know she was talking to him?" Dane asked.

"1. When Aniyah went missing he was angrier than any of us. 2. When all of us took breaks to eat or sleep or take a shower he didn't. He looked for her day in and out. 3. I saw the look in her eyes when she said I love you. Just like I saw the look in his. They love each other. As much as I hate for her to have boyfriends, I would rather it be him than that idiot she had a crush on back in the orphanage."

Everyone looked at me shocked. I just rolled my eyes and sat down.

"Milo. Don't think I forgot about the papers just because you hid them when we were hugging," Daxton said.

How did he know?

"You and Aniyah are more alike than you think," Aisha said.

Before any of us could say anything Matteo came out and motioned us to follow him. We followed him to the eighth floor and went down the hallway.

"I'm sorry but Aniyah died today at 11:46 p.m. I'll give you space to say your goodbyes."

No. She can't leave me.

Sorry.