Chapter 11: School and Family

Aniyah's POV

Today. Today is the first day of school. I couldn't sleep so I've been up for the past 5 hours and it's now 6:30. Since I know that I won't be going back to sleep I decided to go ahead and workout and shower. After working out and showering I got dressed. I'm not really in the mood for people today, well really any day. So I decided to go with them the "don't mess with me" outfit.

I decided to wear black ripped jeans with a white crop and my black leather jacket. I put on silver bracelets on both wrists with a similar watch. I wore black combat boots and my hair braided into two braids. I put on some eyeliner, mascara, a reddish-pink lip gloss, and eyeshadow.

By the time I was finished it was 8 o'clock. I headed downstairs where my brothers and dad were eating breakfast. I sat next to Rafael and Nicolo and scrolled through my phone.

"Okay bambina. Let's talk about school. I need you to stay out of trouble the best you can. No fighting and be respectful to your teachers... until they disrespect you. Oh, and Lindsay and your stepmother will be back today. Lindsay will meet you all at school. And this goes for all of you. I know you don't like her but don't do anything stupid. If I have to come to the school, you'll regret it," Leonardo said.

I rolled my eyes then got up to leave.

"Aniyah sit down and eat breakfast. Now," Nicolo said.

I again rolled my eyes but sat down and ate a piece of toast.

"I know you didn't sleep," Rafael whispered.

"Okay boys and girl. Go to school and make sure Aniyah eats lunch," Allessandro said, interrupting Rafael.

With that, I got up and went to the garage. I got into my Mazda MX-5. My friends met us outside the gate to follow my brothers. Rafael thought it would be a good idea to race to school. My friends and I put the address in the car. A guard came to the front to officiate the race. Soon enough we were off. We were driving through cars, running lights, and avoiding pedestrians. I arrived first, Oscar, Rafael, then Dane with Emily, Aisha, Jake, and lastly Franco.

Once we all pulled up we got out of the cars at the same time. We looked like we were straight out of a book. We met up in the middle and headed inside. While going inside we all had blank faces. The part that irked me was that everyone was staring and trying to figure out who we were. We headed to the office and got our schedules and locker numbers. Dad and Daxton got all of our lockers near each other. Yesterday, I hacked into the school system and got my friends and me the same classes.

Their Schedule

English

Spanish

Math

Art

Lunch

Break

Chemistry

It just so happened that all of us had the same first-hour class. After putting things away we headed into the English class. We were late but we didn't really care. I kicked open the door and everyone looked our way. My brothers headed to their seats in the back while I and my friends stayed in the front.

"Why are you late for my class?" she asked.

From the sound of her voice, I can already tell that we are not going to get along.

"If you open your eyes you will see that we are new," I said.

She rolled her eyes and told us to introduce ourselves.