Chapter 16: Amusement Park

Aniyah's POV
It's been three weeks since Carter has been back. In that time I've decided to stop going to school. I've been bonding with Carter, expanding my business, and doing work as Black Goddess. Santiago and Vladimir have been staying with us since then. Carter and I have been bonding with everyone some more. His relationship with Rafael and Vladimir is cute. I can say without a doubt they're his favorites.

Today we all decided to go to the amusement park. I'm not good with crowds so I'm nervous. I don't know whether to just suck it up and go or not go at all.

Just thinking about the large crowds scares me to another level. I didn't realize that I was hyperventilating until I heard someone telling me to breathe.

"Aniyah. You're okay. Breathe with me. You're okay."

Soon enough my breathing calmed down.

"Rafael, I'm scared. I can't be around that many people at once. But at the same time, I want to go and experience something new. What should I do?" I asked.

"Piccolo diavolo you can do this. I'll be there with you every step of the way. I promise."

I nodded my head and headed downstairs hand in hand with Rafael. We got into the car with him holding my left hand and Carter holding my right. When we walked to the entrance my nerves were getting worse. Rafael squeezed my hand and it calmed me down a bit.

"Mamma let's go to the roller coaster!" Carter shouted.

Everyone laughed and nodded their heads vigorously. I chuckled and let him drag me to one of the roller coasters.

~ 9 hours later ~
Right now we're headed to the parking lot. Everyone had fun today. I included. As we were walking to the car something felt off. What? I don't know. But something is not right. We were almost to the car when the feeling got stronger. I stopped walking and everyone turned to look at me.

"Come out. I know you're here," I shouted.

They all looked confused and looked at me like I was stupid. But that didn't last long because we heard a chuckle.

"I see you haven't lost your touch," Donovan said, coming out of the shadows.

"Ah. And you've found our son. Isn't that nice? After thinking he was dead for years you finally have him back," he said.

I picked Carter up and gave him to Franco.

"Now. I'm going to give you two choices, Aniyah. 1. You come willingly and I'll leave everyone here alone. Forever. 2. I kill them all in front of you and take you with me."

"She's not going with you," Vladimir growled out.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I thought we agreed you'd get rid of the boy toy. You don't listen. I guess you and Milo still have that in common," he said sadly.

My breath hitched when he mentioned Milo. But he said still, Milo is dead. Right?

"What do you mean still?" I asked.

"Oh right. You still think Milo is dead," he chuckled.

He snapped his fingers and three men came out. Two of them dragging someone. That someone was struggling in the two men's hands and screaming at them.

"Aniyah?" Milo said looking up.

I nodded my head and let some tears go.

"Okay. Enough of this reunion. What's your decision baby?" Donovan asked with his gun pointed at Milo's head.

"Okay. Just let them go. I'll go with you. Just leave them alone and I'll do whatever you want," I pleaded.

My family and everyone started to protest my decision. Donovan pushed Milo towards us.

"Aniyah. You can't do this, please. Think about this. You know what will happen if you go back with him," Milo said.

I walked to him and pulled him into a hug.

"I know. But I'd rather keep you all safe. Just promise me that you'll take care of Carter. I know it was you who told him about us. Keep protecting him. And let him know that I love him."

I walked to Donovan but stopped a few steps away from him and turned around.

"I'm sorry. But keeping you all safe will always be my top priority. I love you."

I walked to Donovan and he pulled me with everyone screaming at me. We got in and drove away to wherever we're going.

But I already know that it'll be my own personal hell.

A/N ~ Heyy. This chapter is shorter compared to the rest of my chapters.

And thank you for 400 reads! Have a good day! ✌🏾