Chapter 16~Take No More

Start from the beginning

   I heard and saw partially the rogue leaving my room as the door shut, with an ear splitting slam.

Suddenly, all my energy left my body as I laid down at my thigh, my head too heavy to lift up for to long. Laying slack on the ground, the pace of my heart pounded rapidly in my chest. So much blood spilled out from me but I was too weak to slow it down, slipping unconscious.

~

My head seemed to spin, nausea and vertigo making my stomach turn into knots. This was, sickening. I never was sick in all the times I could remember. Weres couldn't get sick but I was. The pain left my body, leaving me numb and cold. I was laying soaked in my own blood. No food; being injected already a forth time, and tortured; I was beginning to weigh down, with no lifeline to cling onto. Too much pressure was building in me to continue fighting much longer.

   When I opened my eyes again, I was strapped down into the wooden chair I had met already a few times, with silver already laced around me and pieced through my hands. My wolf nor I woke to the pain of any of this.

   Jessica stood at the edge of the door, her arms holding tight around herself as she seemed to fidget. Her eyes flickered on and off gold and I knew she was struggling with her inner addiction to what Sal had been giving her for weeks. She hesitated a moment and then turned away.

I called out to her. "Wait," I said weakly, barely able to keep my head up. Jessica turned back to me as I noticed the tears already leaving her eyes. "Come to me." No matter how addicted she was, I knew part of her was still strong enough to listen to me. No matter how much she craved the blood, she wanted to be a wolf under my leadership. She would listen this much to me. Jessica ambled to me, her head low and averted with shame, I suspected. When she was only a few inches from me, I spoke in a whisper. "I do not blame you," I told her honestly. "I blame...what Sal has done to you." There was not much room to move my head around to her with the silver chain wrapped around my neck.

   Her eyes looked up to me, widening with disbelief. "But I...I betrayed you."

   My eyes droop a few times but I fought to keep them open. "You betrayed yourself...more than anyone. But...you can make it up. You can fight and win back the strength you lost." The hoarse intonation made me sound as if my throat was in some form of infection; swollen.

   She shook her head erratically. "I've failed everyone. Your pack, my brother...myself." Her voice faded. "I deserve to be punished. I deserve to die."

   "No," I snarled at her. She snapped her attention onto me. She held onto every word. "You deserve to live and fight. Fight for yourself; your brother; and our pack." I thought of something my father taught me and I once saw him do to one of his wolves at a time like this, where they were too weak to fight for themselves. "Bite me," I ordered.

   She looked at me confused. There was a few times a Were would bite another causing an affect. One; the mating bite, that would link two Weres together forever. And then there was a second reason. It was a bite that was shared between an Alpha and their wolves. I may have not taken the full position as Alpha but I was an Alpha by blood and power. By Jessica biting me, the blood that spilled into her mouth would pretty much manipulate her mind, giving her what she needed most; courage. She needed to heal. My father explained the science of it, but I forgot most of how he explained it. As long as it could be done, that's all that mattered.

   She shook her head, disobedient. "You are hurt."

   "I will be fine," I assured her. "Bite me."

   "No, I don't--"

   "Jessica..." My tone was firm with affection. "Don't defy me. I am your Alpha. Bite me."