"Where? And why?" I ask.

"You'll know when we get there." He says, pulling me to a car by my forearm.

"I'm not going anywhere!" I shout worriedly, and something sparks in him.

He takes his hand off of my arm and grabs my neck, lifting me off the ground. I gasp and grip onto his wrist with both my hands. I was right, he's bad news.

"We're going! So you can either come on your own, or I'll drag you there." He growls.

I use all my strength to slam my head into his, knocking him off balance. He drops me and I clasp my throat, coughing.

I look around frantically at the empty streets for help and then glance back into the bar, where Klaus was sitting, facing the opposite direction.

"KL-" before I can shout his name fully, a syringe pokes my neck, stopping me. Vervain. My breath shortens and I reach for my neck where the syringe just was.

I fall flat to the ground, trying my best to reach Klaus. "Klaus!" I say, but it only comes out in a whisper. "Help..."

The man grabs my arm, lifting me off the ground and throwing me over his shoulder. I'm too weak to do anything about it.

"LET GO OF ME!" I scream kicking me legs with all of the energy I have left, but he's holding them in place. I didn't even know there were vampires older than me nowadays!

He walks to his car and throws me in the back, I sprawl across the seats, slamming my head against the opposite door.

I yell in pain, trying to refocus my blurry vision. The car door slams shut and the lock sound clicks. This is when I really panic. I crawl to the door, slamming on the window, still dizzy. I can't find any way to unlock it from where I am. I continue to press both my palms against the glass until I run out of energy.

I slide against the door, laying on the seat, trying to stay awake the best I can, but my eyes flutter shut.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Klaus' voice wakes me up again, but I don't have enough strength to open my eyes or move my body.

"SHE'S MINE." Klaus yells.

I hear a whoosh, guessing that the man ran for it. I can hear Klaus about to follow him but I want him here.

"Klaus." I say, barley audible.

His footsteps come closer and I hear the car door open. He scoops me up out of the car and carries me away.

"I've got you love, I've got you." He says, and I pass out in his arms.

— —

"Stella wake up, we need to go." Klaus says, and I jerk up, looking around.

I'm sitting on the couch and the sun is shining though the curtains on the windows. Klaus is standing in front of me.

"What? Where?" I ask, confused.

"Your little boyfriend wants to fight me- funny, he thinks he has a chance."

"Don't kill him Klaus." I say, realizing how bad this is going to get.

"That's for me to decide." He smiles.

"It's two against one. And I'm a good fighter." I say, standing up and moving closer to Klaus so that I'm barley an inch away.

"Actually, you're not involved." Klaus says, I tilt my head but then feel a pinch in my back. I  gasp, arching my back and leaning forward into Klaus' chest. I grip onto Klaus shirt as he pulls the string out.

"So I'm putting you on vervain."

I fall backward onto the couch. "Klaus!" I whine, unable to get up. Klaus watches me as my eyes flutter shut.

— —

Klaus walks into the abandoned building, breaking a shovel to form a stake. He turns to face Kai, a safe distance away.

Without hesitating, Klaus leaps into the air, tackling Kai. Kai swiftly rolls out of the way and pins Klaus against the wall, aiming the white oak for his heart.

"You're going to pay for ever laying a hand on Stella." Kai says through gritted teeth.

"How did you find the white oak?" Klaus asks, pushing it away from his heart.

<><><>

Kol and Davina arrive in the building next door and run inside, joining hands. Davina nods to Kol and they both close their eyes, chanting a protection spell to protect Klaus.

<><><>

"With the help of magic, it wasn't that hard." Kai says, pushing the stake harder.

Klaus vamp-speeds to the side and the white oak hits the wall. Klaus charges at Kai and they fly through the wall. Kai uses magic to get Klaus off of him and sends Klaus flying into the opposite wall.

Klaus lays on the ground as Kai storms up to him, preforming a pain infliction. Klaus gets up onto his knees and holds his head, yelling in pain.

Without hesitation, Kai shoves the white oak straight into Klaus' heart, dropping his body. Klaus gasps and falls to the floor, turning grey and unable to keep his eyes open.

— —

-BACK IN MYSTIC FALLS-

I turn over in my sleep and hit a body, jerking up and seeing Kai laying down in my hotel bed.

"Oh my god what happened??" I shout. "You're okay?!" I question, recognizing my surroundings.

"I killed Klaus, then I brought you back here." Kai says simply.

"WHAT?" I say questionably, in disbelief. "Are you sure? How? There's no way you managed to kill Klaus Mikealson all by yourself."

"Ouch."

"You know what I mean. I just don't believe he's dead." I say.

"I stabbed him with the white oak, I thought that's what you wanted?" Kai grabs my hands in his.

"Yes, it is- it just doesn't make any sense. Are you one-hundred percent sure he's dead?"

"I'm sure, Stel."

"I don't believe it. There's no way-"

"Stella he's dead! You're in denial! You should not be in denial unless you cared about him- wait is that why you're acting like this?!" Kai asks.

"No- no, that's not it." I deny. "He's just not that easy to kill, you know it Kai. And if-"

"Everything is okay, Klaus is gone." Kai reassures me.

I take a deep breath, saying the words slowly. "Klaus...is...dead."

"Klaus is dead!" Kai shouts.

I laugh excitedly and kiss Kai, to thank him.

He kisses me back and I position myself in his lap, continuing to make-out with him. He pulls at the end of my shirt and I lift my arms up. He pulls it over my head and starts kissing my neck, I close my eyes.

My lips part as Kai continues to leave hickeys over my neck and chest. My head wonders off into daydreams about a life without Klaus. And what a good life that is going to be, I think as I pull off Kai's belt.

Klaus is dead.

Everything can be peaceful now.

Life is never better.

Or so I thought.