34.

"Paper work is boring." Meredith frowned as she sat next to Derek on his bed, her head leaning on his shoulder. He had been working on paper work for a while, leaving her watching him and slightly damaged by the immense boredom. "Like seriously...way boring...bad boring."

"I know." Derek sighed, kissing the top of her head before flipping the page.

"Let's not do it anymore." Meredith replied, looking at the paper's he was working on. Things were better, she was happy, just a little awkward on her part because she wasn't ever really sure what to do with their situation. "No more."

"I wish we could put it in the shredder. But then I might get fired."

"I'm bored."

"I'm sorry." Derek frowned, flipping to the next page. "I'll tell the chief when I see him to not give me anymore so I can spend time with my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"You're my girlfriend."

"I'm your girlfriend." She breathed.

"And I'm your boyfriend." He whispered.

"You're my boyfriend."

"Unless you have another one somewhere else."

"Nope."

"Good to know."

"Lets have sex."

"I think the chief hates my sex life."

"Why?" Meredith giggled.

"Because he gives me all this crap so I can't have sex with my girlfriend." Derek laughed, putting his arm around her and pulling her closer to him.

"It's pretty sad my answer to boredom is sex."

"I disagree. I think it's a great idea."

"I'm really bored." Meredith replied, looking at the clock.

"You can put the TV on." Derek answered.

"No...it's too late."

"I'm sorry I can't entertain you. I wanted to show you my routine for Dancing with the Stars." Derek laughed.

"Lame." Meredith giggled.

"I'm serious. I'd be really good."

"I'm sure you'd be great." Meredith replied, her hand on his chest.

"Especially if I had that Julianne Hough as my partner. She's pretty cute."

"Are you together with her too?"

"Nope. Only you." Derek grinned, kissing her.

"Cause if you liked someone....I mean you could..."

"Mer...you're the only one."

"I'm just saying...I won't hold it against you."

"Not going to happen. You're it."

"I'm just saying..."

"Okay." He laughed. "Same for you...but I can't promise I wouldn't beat the other guy up."

"You'd beat someone up for me?"

"I would kick somebody's ass."

"You should know the delivery man has the hots for me at work." Meredith giggled.

"What's his name?" Derek asked, grabbing a post it."

"Why?"

"So I can let him know that you're taken."