17.

"Meredith...Can you come to my office?" Addison said into the intercom from her desk.

"Yeah." Meredith replied, handing a file to the new receptionist, Becky. "Okay and make copies of this and add the fourteenth to her schedul as having the afternoob booked. She has a C-section."

"Okay."

Meredith turned, walking quickly down the hall after speaking with the receptionist. It was a busy day, but somehow she needed to make time for whatever Addison was calling her for. "Yeah?"

"Sit down." Addison gestured as Meredith entered her office.

"I feel like I'm in high school." Meredith giggled as she sat down. "Only my principal was bald and hit on me."

"Seriously?" Addison laughed. "That's creepy.

"Seriously."

"Okay...We need to talk." Addison sighed, sitting back in her chair.

"Is this about the coffee machine?" Meredith asked, sitting down in the opposing chair. "I swear I didn't mean to stuff it."

"It's not about the coffee machine."

"Oh." Meredith frowned, "Is this about lunch? We should order from that new Italian shop."

"It's about Derek." Addison said.

"Oh." Meredith replied, moving to stand again.

"Sit back down."

"Damn it."

"What are you doing with him, Meredith?"

"Nothing."

"He came over for dinner last night." Addison crossed her arms.

"Oh...how was that?" Meredith shifted uncomfortably.

"He told us what happened at lunch."

"Oh um...."

"So what are you doing with him?"

"I'm not doing anything with him, he knows that."

"Then why do you keep ending up kissing him?"

"I don't know." Meredith breathed.

"He really likes you." Addison pointed out.

"I know but...Addison I don't know him and I'm not in the position to....he knows I don't want anything from him." Meredith replied.

"Why don't you get to know him then?" Addison groaned. "It's not like you're marrying the guy."

"I just....he keeps asking me out and what if I do get to know him and he wants more again....?" Meredith said, running a hand through her hair. "I just...he's amazing and great even if I know little about him...but what do you want me to do Addison? I can't lead him on."

"Go out to lunch with him. Go to a movie. Get to know him. You never know what could happen." Addison suggested.

"That constitutes as a date."

"What if Mark and I go?"

"That's worse."

"You're just making excuses."

'If you and Mark went then it would officially be a double date and...I don't even date."

"Would you get over that already?" Addison said, getting irritated.