20.

He was coming over. But the thing was he wasn't just coming over, he was coming to teach her how to make cookies which was bad because he obviously had no idea just how clueless she was. He hadn't really given her an out or a choice and now she was going to be humiliated because she couldn't cook which made since. He was teaching her. She jumped in surprise as the doorbell rang. "Come in!"

"Where are you?" Derek yelled, laughing because he didn't know the house.

"Walk straight through the hallway!" She called, quickly putting an extra dish in the cabinet.

Derek walked through, to find Meredith in the kitchen. "Are you ready?"

"I...yeah." She bit her lip, looking around her kitchen then back at him. "Oh..the bags...counter you can...the counter."

"I brought you something." He grinned, removing all but one item from the grocery bags.

"Ohh...." Meredith breathed, smiling a little. "What did you bring?"

"Here." Derek laughed, taking a polka-dotted apron out of the bag.

"An apron?" She giggled, as he gestured for her to turn around. "Thanks."

"You can't get flour all over yourself." He tied the apron around her back.

"I guess I can't." She smiled, turning around. "Do I look official>:

"Very cute." He grinned.

"Cute?"

"Yeah."

"So um...what comes first?" She asked, avoiding the 'cute' conversation.

"We need a big mixing bowl, measuring cups and measuring spoons. You do have those right?"

"Yeah..." Meredith walked over to the counter next to the kitchen sink. "Lexie got them out for me before she went upstairs."

"Great. Okay, so first, we're going to measure out all the dry ingredients."

"Dry?"

"Not wet."

"I know." Meredith rolled her eyes, "I mean what does that mean in terms of the cookies."

"The flour...baking soda...and the salt."

"Ohh." Meredith looked at the counter, examining the items he had purchased.

"You're going to want to measure out 2 and a half cups of flour." Derek said, handing her the measuring cup.

"Okay...." She giggled, opening the bag of flour.

"Just pour it into the bowl and then you need a teaspoon each of salt and baking soda."

"Okay...." She poured the flour in, noticing as some spilled onto the counter. "Oops."

"Don't worry about it. Just keep going." He laughed.

"Right." Meredith sighed as he handed her the baking soda.

"Okay...teaspoon, not a tablespoon." Derek smirked as he switched the measuring spoons for her.

"Well...I don't do this often."

"That's why I'm here."

"Oh poor you." She giggled, pouring in the baking soda.

"My mom taught me how to do this when I was a teenager. She said that if I didn't even know how to make cookies, I'd never find a woman." He laughed, reaching for the butter and the mixer.