3.

Too much alcohol, that was all she could think of as she got off the plane, trying to push her hair in a new direction other than sex hair. Airport sex, why hadn't she ever thought of that? And with a complete stranger. It wasn't supposed to happen, but the flight was delayed, she got drunk, he got drunk and boom, they were naked.

His name was Derek, she knew that much and she didn't need to know anymore. Derek was her random stranger that she'd managed to sex in the airport's first class private lounge. She just needed to stop thinking about it because as she got off the plane and made her way to baggage claim, her eyes were caught on a familiar red head. "Addison."

"Meredith!" Addison smiled ear to ear.

"Sorry...the flight was delayed and...you know how that is."

"It's okay. You're here! You look...you're here!"

"I'm here...." She hugged her friend.

"Besides the delay, how was the flight?" Addison asked, taking one of Meredith's bags.

"It was good."

"Were you drinking?" Addison wrinkled her nose as she inhaled.

"Oh....it was a long delay."

"And...sweaty...Was it hot on the plane?"

"No...yes." Meredith responded, walking towards the escalator. "How's Mark?"

"He's...enjoying his last days of freedom." Addison giggled.

"Where is he?"

"One of his friends was coming in so we took two cars so he could go out after he picks him up."

"Ohh...that's good." Meredith replied, fixing her hair.

"How are Lexie and Molly?" She asked, as they went down another escalator.

"Lexie's...Lexie." Meredith sighed. "Molly is so busy with Laura that she doesn't have a lot of time but...good...they're good."

"And...Thatcher...Have you...seen your dad?" She whispered.

"Addison...."

"Sorry. I had to ask."

"Thatcher is....you know how he is." Meredith breathed, biting her nails nervously.

"Yeah. He's...I know."

"So..."

"You seem...I don't know. Weird." Addison said as they walked into the garage.

"No....I'm not weird." Meredith replied quickly, "Nothings weird just...how's Hawaii? Is it nice?"

"It's beautiful. I wish I had come here before."

'Yeah...beautiful."

"Mer...What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"You're such a bad liar." Addison laughed, opening the trunk of her rental car and putting Meredith's bags inside.

"I'm not a bad liar....because I'm not lying."

"You're so lying. I know you, Mer."

"Fine....I got drunk....at the airport...while my flight was delayed."

"And..." Addison smirked.

"I had sex." Meredith admitted. "In the first class lounge."

"I knew it."

"It was....I was drunk." Meredith replied as she got into the red convertable.