𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

"Om Namo Narayanaya Namah." a voice said, cutting through the peaceful air of Vaikuntham.

Lakshmi looked at the son of Hiranyakasiva, Prahlada, fondly. He was very devoted to Vishnu, repeating his name so much that he could have rivaled Narada. Kamadeva excitedly watched him, giggling.

"Amma, look, he's praying to Appa." he said.

Lakshmi smiled, running a comb through his hair.

"Yes, Manu, a lot of people pray to your father for good in their life, as he is the source of all things auspicious."

"Which is why you are the Goddess of Auspicious things." Kamadeva said, jumping up and down, eager to show off what he knew. "Shiva Mama was explaining to me about Sakthi, which means that if Appa is the source of Good Things, you are good things!"

"When did my little boy get so smart?" Lakshmi asked, pinching his cheeks.

"At Kailash, Amma, remember? You dropped me off there a few hours ago." he reminded her.

Lakshmi once again felt pride and joy as she looked at her son. She felt like she could hold him in her arms forever and never let him go. He'd brought so much happiness to her life... What would she do if he wasn't here? What if he left like Mangala... Or worse?

She nearly laughed at the thought. They were immortal, she didn't have to worry about losing her son... Right?

"Amma, why can't anyone kill Hiranyakasiv?" Kamadeva asked, looking up at her with wide eyes.

Lakshmi swallowed.

"Well, you see Manu, Hiranyakasiv has received a boon that he can not be killed by any human or animal, inside or outside, not during day or night, not on land, water, or the air, and by no man-made weapon." she explained.

"So he's invincible?"

Lakshmi shook her head.

"Death takes all, and everybody gets what they deserve. Hiranyakasiv has done many bad things, he is destined to be punished."

"But-but his boon-"

"There's always a loophole in everything." Lakshmi interrupted softly. "Curses, blessings, boons... It doesn't matter, there's always a way around it."

"You'll stay with me, right?" he asked.

Kamadeva had been seeking that reassurance a lot lately. Just knowing his mother would never leave him brought him great comfort.

"I'm not going anywhere." Lakshmi promised. "Whenever you need me, I'll be here, in Vaikuntham, like always."

---

Prahlada listened intently as the Divine Sage, Narada, explained to him further about Lord Vishnu.

His parents never believed him, but he swore that when he was born all he could think of was Lord Vishnu. His mother had laughed and told him that it wasn't possible, seeing as he was a newborn, how could he have possibly heard about him?

He listened mesmerized, as Narada's words bore into his mind, fusing with his soul. Prahlada was certain he had been born only to love and devote his life to Sri Hari. What better purpose could there be on this earth?

"Rishi Narada," Prahlada said, gaining his attention. "Everywhere I look I see only my Narayan. But you told me the earth was his consort, Lakshmi."

Narada smiled.

"Narayana Narayana. That is quite normal, Young Prahlada. You see, Lakshmi resides in Vishnu, and Vishnu resides in Lakshmi. Even if Bhu Devi herself were to look upon the world outside, she would see him, for she, like you and I, senses her Lord in everything."

Prahlada nodded, still spellbound by the way he seemed to speak, not with words, but with the essence of life.

He knew listening to him was a betrayal to his father, but he couldn't help it. Something about him seemed to draw him in, allowing him to enter a world where only he existed.

"I feel as though I would be very blessed to gaze upon the divine sight of Lakshmi-Narayana," Prahlada said sadly. "Do you think I'll ever get the chance?"

Narada gave him an all knowing smile, but refused to say anything else.

"The hour grows late, I must return to Devaloka."

"Will you come back tomorrow?" Prahlada asked, hopefully.

Narada nodded.

"Surely. And I will explain to you then about the three Avatars Lord Vishnu has taken so far." he promised. "Narayana Narayana!"

With those words, he vanished from the room. The door opened to reveal Hiranyakasiv.

He scowled at his son, fists clenched. Prahlada remembered wistfully the days where his father would embrace him lovingly, caring about him above all. He missed those times.

"You still haven't let go of that Vishnu?" he spat. "What have I told you? You keep up this worship of him, and I'll fail to recognize you as my son."

Although he was despairing over the loss of his father, he never lost his resolve. Prahlada shook his head defiantly, not even withering underneath his father's glare, a look that made even the greatest of Asuras cower.

"Fine! If that is your wish, then you will be sure to face the consequences." he growled, before turning and leaving, locking the door behind him.

Prahlada simply sat down in front of his bed, folding his hands in prayer.

"Om Namo Narayanaya Namah." he began to chant once more.

---

Vishnu seemed quite pleased with Prahlada's devotion as he prayed again and again for his lord to appear before him.

"You can't keep him waiting forever." Lakshmi noted, her hair pulled back into a long braid.

"Not forever. But every devotee must go through tests to prove their devotion, Lakshmi, and Prahlada has yet to face them." he replied. "How is Manu? Is he doing well with Archery practice?"

"More than okay. He's absolutely thrilled, and I'm pretty confident he's not going to accidently impale himself." she said, thoughts wandering into the several dangerous situations he could get into.

Vishnu laughed, throwing his head back.

"You worry too much. He's my son, he's bound to do mischief. Just learn to ignore it, like you do with me."

"Absolutely not! He needs parental guidance to make sure he doesn't grow up to be a mini you! Otherwise, I pity the poor person who's going to marry him." she told him, trying to contain her own smile.

"Ouch." he said, smirking at her. "Are you implying living with me is torture?"

Lakshmi shrugged.

"Depends. If it weren't for Adiseshan and Ksheera, you'd be unbearable."

Vishnu looked as though he were going to retort, when his face darkened, cloudy eyes obscuring his thoughts from her.

"What is it?"

He turned to the earth, grimacing.

"It's Prahlada. He's going to face his first test."

A/N Prahlada's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I just love him soooo much!

And Vishnu and Lakshmi are no doubt absolutely in love with Kamadeva, aren't they?

What are your thoughts on him?

And as you can see, Lakshmi tries to push Mangala to the back of her mind, but clearly it had an effect on her.

Anyways, last chapter of PART THREE, so you get a double update! Stay tuned for the next chapter. Should be out in about ten minutes.