𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

Not long after, Lakshmi left Vaikuntham and descended to the earth as a horse. Still, she was every bit as breathtaking as she had been in the Heavens. She had a golden coat and a dark mane, flowers braided into it. Her eyes hadn't changed one bit, still carrying hopes, and dreams, and stars.

She began to cry as she realized what this meant.

She would never see him again, nor could he accept her back. How could Parvati's blessings, the ones she had worked so hard for, come true now?

No, she had to find a way back to Vishnu. There was no way she was going to let this be the end. Thinking, she tried to figure out some sort of loophole, some sort of flaw in his curse. Something that would let her out of this.

In the end, she only reached one conclusion. It was the worst possible way to achieve her goal, but she saw no other choice. Trotting over to the nearest field she could find, she closed her eyes and settled on the ground, silently chanting 'Om Namah Shivaya' in her head.

Lakshmi tried not to focus on the constant stream of tears on her muzzle. She allowed herself to drown in her feelings of devotion like she had done when she had worshipped Parvati, remembering how she and Vishnu had always done a Pooja to Shiva before starting their day.

"Sri Devi," Shiva's clear voice echoed, separating her soul from her body.

Lakshmi saw her mortal body slump forward as she bowed to her chosen deity.

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked.

"Prabhu Mahadev," she started. "My Lord, I am afraid I can not return to Vishnu unless I bear him a male child, which he says he will not give me no matter how much I ask for it. He regrets the curse immensely, but can do nothing to change it. But you... You and Vishnu are one and the same." she said, voice trembling. "Having your child would be the closest possible thing to having his. Please, Shiva, I'm begging you. If not for your sister-in-law, then do it for your devotee. Please."

She fell at his feet, ignoring his protests to her doing so. A few of her tears splashed against them.

"Please..."

"Kamakshi (One with attractive eyes/Another name for Lakshmi)," Shiva said, pulling her to her feet. "I give you my word that you will have Vishnu's child. You needn't put yourself through so much trouble. Cursed or not, you are my sister-in-law, it is my sworn duty to help you. By this week's end, you shall return to your place in Vaikuntham."

Lakshmi nodded, a grateful smile surfacing on her lips.

"Thank you."

---

Shiva appeared in Vaikuntham, taking note that Parvati had come to visit her brother.

"Vishnu," he said, causing both of them to look up. "Your wife summoned me today. She wanted to bear my child."

"She wanted to what?!" Parvati and Vishnu shouted in unison.

His wife's chest was heaving up and down, the whites of her eyes turning red. Shiva sensed that she was about to turn into Kali, and quickly clarified the situation.

"Because of the curse you put on her." he explained. "She could find no other solution but to ask me, seeing as you and I are not different from one another."

Now, Parvati no longer looked angry, just curious.

"Curse? What curse?"

Vishnu quietly explained it to her, repeating exactly what he said. It only increased Shiva's agitation.

"Vishnu, you are the Protector of the World. How will you do your job without Lakshmi by your side? You have to go to her."

He shook his head.

"Shiva, I can't. What part of the curse did you not get? I could not go to her if she asked." Vishnu said, dejectedly.

"But there's a loophole right there." Parvati said, grinning from ear to ear. Both men looked at her in anticipation. "You can't go if Lakshmi asked. But it's not Lakshmi that's asking... It's Shiva. Therefore-"

"I can do as he says, because it's not Lakshmi's order." Vishnu finished, as realization dawned on him. "Parvati, you're a genius!"

Hugging his sister, he dashed out the door, yelling something about Ksheera being in charge because she was more responsible.

Shiva sighed, knowing the problem was solved, and turned to Parvati, who stood with a divine smile dancing at the corners of cherry red mouth. Her long, braided hair hung down her back, swaying from side to side as she walked up to him.

"I'm glad you found another solution instead of just giving her what she wanted. I'm surprised honestly, you usually do that." she said, playing with his hair.

"I know what my devotees want, Meenakshi (she who has eyes like a fish/another name for Parvati), and I knew she didn't want this. She just found no other way." he replied.

"I know." Parvati whispered. "Can we go home now? I left Ganesh at Brahmaloka, and you know I hate being away from him for too long."

"Absolutely."

---

Lakshmi was confused as to what Shiva was up to, but she trusted him and let him go. Pacing around anxiously, she barely noticed someone else had come in until she heard a soft whinny.

Turning, she found the most beautiful stallion she had ever seen. It was the color of the midnight sky, and it seemed to glitter in the setting sun. He had a charcoal mane that was slightly unruly, but it was the eyes that gave it away. It looked as though someone had melted golden coins and trapped them in glass to gift him with sight.

Vishnu.

'Turns out, there was a tiny loophole in the curse. Don't worry, I'm here now.' he said through her mind.

'Really?' she asked. 'What was it?'

He nuzzled her gently, and she could tell how loving it was.

'Doesn't matter. All that does, is that you won't have to suffer under this curse much longer.'

---

Saraswati looked down at the two curiously, her Veena lying still in her lap. Brahma opened his eyes upon hearing how quiet his house sounded.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, plucking a string on her instrument to get her attention.

She turned to her husband and nodded.

"I'm just worried. Do you really think this will work?" she asked, looking at him for answers. "I want to say yes, but what if I'm just being hopeful?"

He smiled at her dilemma.

"Bharati (Goddess of Speech/Another name for Saraswati), you are the Goddess of Knowledge. Any word from your mouth is equivalent to a thousand truths. You should never doubt yourself, Devi. If you feel it will work, then it shall. I trust you above anyone in these realms. Now, speak confidently in that voice which sounds more enchanting that the instrument you hold, will you?"

"Understood, Prabhu." Saraswati replied, a light shade of pink coating her cheeks. "In that case, I suppose you are excited, seeing as she is your sister?"

"Indeed. The world has yet to see what can be born out of such a divine union, and I for one am eager to find out."

A/N Har Har Mahadev!

Shiva saved the day! And I hope you were satisfied with the fact that I managed to get in the love of GauriShankara, LakshmiNarayana, and BharatiBrahma.

Do you think BharatiBrahma is a good name for them? I just realized they're the only ones out of the TriDeva and TriDevi whose names I haven't heard conjoined and I think they deserve to be recognized as the same soul just like the others.