Chapter 10

TW: MENTION OF PHYSICAL HARM, SCREAMING, BILE, WOUNDS, BLOOD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

They all sat down in front of Kakashi as he pulled down the Hitai off his left eye. Feeling their surroundings change, knowing they were each pulled into the Genjutsu.

Kakashi tried to use the night Itachi massacred the clan but that had no effect on Sasuke. He was used to seeing it in his nightmares and flashbacks, it was just the same as that only he had to hold back his reaction. Kakashi tried something else. In this Genjutsu, Sasuke goes rogue, he tries to kill everyone. He noticed that the boys' eyes were wide in horror as his Sharingan activated. He had no control over what he was doing. He attacked Sakura from behind with some sort of lightning blade. He tried to kill Sakura, not once, twice. He was so thankful Kakashi and Naruto appeared and saved her. He had lived his life to avenge his family by killing his brother. He was mortified, is this really how things may have turned out if Naruto hadn't said anything? He was so grateful for Naruto's brains at that moment. He was well aware that this wasn't real, but the reactions he had in the real world were terrifying. Kakashi was happy the other two were also in Genjutsus of their own. He could barely stop himself from releasing the Genjutsu, damn Asuma may have been right, the S Rank shinobi, Kakashi of the Sharingan has indeed gone soft. His version of soft was still too harsh compared to others.

Sakura was mentally ready, she had practised how to keep her emotions in check. She has always been a person who runs on her emotions but she had to change that, she had to use her logic and brain. She mentally strengthened herself to stop that from happening. Kakashi knew that her parents may not have any effect on her since she would suppress her reaction, she was too strong for that. He knew that whatever Genjutsu he had to use on these children, it must involve the other two and maybe even himself. He cast a Genjutsu on her, they were all captured. She was watching as their captor gouged Sasuke's eyes out, she was gagged and had her hands and legs roughly tied as the rope pierced her skin. Her muffled screams as they forcefully opened her eyes and made her watch. In the real world, Sakura was throwing up what she had for breakfast that day. She hadn't said anything yet but tears were evidently spilling down her face. She had to watch Naruto, they traced his little stripes on his cheeks with a kunai as blood trickled down his face. They had cast some jutsu on him, seemingly trying to release the seal that held Kurama. She yelled again only to be held back as her screams were muffled by the gag she had in her mouth. Naruto's eyes looked different as some sort of thing came out of his body. It came out of his eyes, mouth and nose, it may have been the soul of Kurama. He was screaming in pain as they extracted him, she couldn't watch anymore. She had to release it somehow, she didn't have the strength to handle it anymore. She knew a simple Kai wouldn't work, this jutsu was too advanced...she had to sit it through. She had to prove she was strong enough.

As for Naruto, he expected the worst out of his Sensei. He knew Kakashi would in no way go easy on them. He was cast into a Genjutsu. He was actually the dumb kid, the clueless optimist who lived in an orange jumpsuit. It was as if he was a ghost, he was watching Sasuke and Sakura walk off, he'd walk up to them but they'd pretend like he wasn't there. He then heard them say:" I don't know what's up with that Naruto."

It was all the same but he just wasn't there. He watched them live together as if he wasn't there. The image of their backs turned to him was killing him slowly. That was his biggest fear. He shook his head in denial:" No, this can't be real, it's just a Genjutsu. When I get out of here, they'll be waiting for me. I'm sure." He thought as he looked around. It would only take a couple more seconds in the real world, Naruto had watched Sasuke and Sakura's lives in the span of a second. He had sweat running down his face and clenched fists. It only took half a second until Naruto would go insane. He started yelling, calling out for them. He wanted to be acknowledged, seen for what he truly is. His precious people would never do this to him. He was sure, but why was he reacting this way. It all just seemed too... too real.

Kakashi wanted to give them a sign to break out. He gave them each a sign. Sasuke was told by Sakura:" It's time to head out, Sasuke." She said with a smile. Sasuke told Sakura in hers:" The real me is waiting for you, break it." He said to her trying to smile. As for Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura turned around:" You did great Naruto, you should leave now." They said to him with big smiles.

In the real world, they used every ounce of sheer will they had and grabbed any weapon they could. Sakura grabbed a Senbon, she hadn't poisoned them that day to avoid any mishaps. Sasuke grabbed a kunai and Naruto grabbed his father's special kunai. Naruto moved his arm and stabbed himself in the thigh, Sakura took the Senbon and harshly hit her upper arm as she yelped in pain. Sasuke stabbed his left thigh and winced slightly. They all felt the Genjutsu release as they felt dizzy. Not sure if it was from the Genjutsu itself or the blood loss.

As they all gained consciousness of their surroundings, quickly turning to each other shakily. Sakura was in the middle with Naruto on her left and Sasuke on her right. She pulled them both to her, wincing at her left arm but ignoring it. She hugged the boys who were in complete shock. They hugged her back tightly. She had tear tracks down her face as she cried new fresh tears. Kakashi did feel bad about what he did but it had to be done. They had to grow up and mature one way or another. At the end of the day, he did his job. No matter what others might say Kakashi did a great job.

Sakura had recollected herself and started healing her own wound first, so she could be more capable of healing the other two. Although she knew that whatever she had to do, would be a bit hard on her, she was only a beginner. She looked at Naruto who seemed to be going in and out of consciousness as he lost a hefty sum of blood, the most blood out of all of them. She closed her own wound just in time and quickly made her way to Naruto. Before she set her hands on him, she noticed his wound seemed to be closing slowly. She placed her hands that were glowing with healing chakra. Her forehead was sweating as she focused on closing his wound. After it fully closed up, Kakashi was wrapping Naruto up in bandages just as Sakura instructed.

She then made her way to Sasuke, who thankfully wasn't in such a bad state. She had her hands floating over the wound as they glowed green. The wound was closing up but it took a long time. She was exhausted but she couldn't risk having the wound reopen. She knew she was low on chakra, she felt a hand rest on her shoulder as it pumped chakra into her system. She looked over her shoulder and saw Kakashi Sensei:" Kashi Sensei..." she said with a small smile before returning to her work as she fully closed up the wound.
They all had one fear and that is; losing the place they could return to...

Walking back into the village unable to avoid people. Sakura heard a couple of mutters that made her blood boil but Naruto was used to those. She heard one intriguing one though, she made a mental note to bring it up when they got back home.

They reached the compound and Kakashi offered to cook:" Kashi Sensei," Sakura said:" Yes, Ra?" He asked his face towards the pot of food. She then said:" When we were walking back there, I heard some people say something. They said; Kakashi is creating monsters." She said her face scrunching up in distaste:" Ok Ra, judging by what you and those boys have done, I understand you know what the Shinobi life is like. We're just mere weapons, tools. We aren't allowed to be human. They must have had the mentality that I'm training you to be weapons the village could use." He said turning around to face her before continuing:" I am not training you for that. I see that we can change the shinobi world. Make it better. I'm training you for the exact opposite, but I want them to believe whatever they have in mind. That way, no one can interfere. " at this point, the three of his students were listening. They did know the harsh truth and they'd wished to change it.

As the sun dined and the moon shone brightly , their Will of Fire flamed higher. They aimed to change the world and they'd fulfil that goal no matter what. They had long ways to go and they'd do it all together.

And with that they ate, each heading to his or her room. They all, thankfully, fell into a long dreamless sleep except one grey-haired man who had an important rendezvous ...

A/N hello, today was rough but I do like this chapter! As for the question I asked yesterday, I won't be killing off Itachi and Neji as per your requests. I'd like to thank everyone for their support it really means a lot! I hope you have/had a great day <33