Chapter Nineteenth: Rebellion and Predacons

As everyone admired Bee's new paint job, Ratchet talked with Ultra Magnus. The kids and I listened to the conversation.

"The communication link needs further calibration to be compatible with Autobot frequencies. The Groundbridge, however, is fully operational," Ratchet told Magnus.

"That would've come in handy when robo-dragon was trying to eat us for breakfast," Miko said as me, Jack and Raf tried to keep her quiet.

Magnus tapped a finger on his waist looking down at her, "the indigenous population of this planet, do they all display the same disrespect for authority?"

"No. Mostly just Miko," Ratchet said.

We heard a jet in the distance and Magnus was ready to shoot it but the plane belonged to Fowler so everyone told him not to shoot. Fowler landed the jet and help June out who hugged all of us humans. She assured Miko and Raf that their families were safe because Fowler had Jasper evacuated in time.

"The only signals Ultra Magnus was able to isolate are standing right here," Arcee said.

"Maybe his scanner's faulty," Wheeljack said.

"So the kids unaccounted for," Bulk said.

"Smokescreen bridged out unaccompanied. Only Optimus knows where. And Optimus remained behind, to destroy the Groundbridge, to... ensure that everyone else... made it to safety," Ratchet explained.

"I... watched the base go down," Fowler said, "no one or thing walked out of there."

"Not that we could see," June added.

"Even if Prime survived, I'm not sure we can afford to wait for him to show up. Not with Megatron holding our planet hostage from his high and mighty perch at Darkmount," Fowler said.

"I would be inclined to agree with the native life-form," Magnus said, "we must stop Megatron, with or without Optimus prime. We must do everything in our power to ensure Megatron's downfall."

"Woah, who put shoulder pads in command?" Wheeljack asked.

"Temporary command," I said

"Ultra Magnus is the only logical choice," Ratchet said, "he was trained by Optimus and served as his commanding officer throughout the war for Cybertron."

Magnus then led them in his ship where they all picked out weapons to defeat Megatron. We formed a plan inside the ship. The kids would call or text to get some of the Decepticons away from their fortress, the bots will take the opportunity to attack, destroy the power to some fusion cannons and then Fowler and the military will blow up the fortress.

Sounds easy enough. Ratchet, me and the kids waited on the ship. We listened to them through the communication links but we didn't know exactly what was going on. After a while, we saw a new Autobot signal and it was airborne. We don't know any bots that can fly. But then came the news that made everyone very happy.

"All units Optimus Prime has returned. Repeat, Prime is alive and quite well."

And let's hope he stays that way. When the battle was over, we were all taken to a new base where we saw Optimus for the first time. His appearance has changed since the last time we saw each other. It's really cool. Fowler thanked the bots for what they did for Earth on behalf of the President. Optimus welcomed Ultra Magnus to Earth and team Prime. Over the next few weeks, we rebuilt some of the technology we had at the old base so we could use it here.

We recovered what we could from the old base but there wasn't much. The Decepticons had taken anything of value. Like today, Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack just came back with one cube of Energon and the lobbing ball. Wheeljack took it. He threw it at Bulk who didn't catch it and almost hit Miko. Wheeljack has been really reckless since he finally decided to stay in the base. And I think Ultra Magnus is abusing his power as Second in command.

He definitely targets Wheeljack more than anyone else. He acts like he is the leader when Optimus is gone. Like now, for example. Optimus is out looking for some Decepticon activity we picked up. Yes, technically Ultra Magnus is the leader when Optimus is out but, again, he's abusing his power. There's a lot of drama between Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack to the point it gets scary. But then he makes it out like whatever he said to Wheeljack never even happened and that it was his fault for being a wrecker and being a loose cannon.

He can't help it. He's probably been like that even before Magnus was assigned to command them back on Cybertron. But I should stop focusing on that. Smokescreen also has a new paint job now to copy Optimus and Bee. Still don't know what he's trying to achieve here. Another thing I should ignore. Optimus soon came back with something interesting. It wasn't Energon but a skull. A skull of a Cybertronian creature called a Predacon.

The robo-dragon Miko mentioned. But something was clearly wrong. The bots made that clear as day. Predacons went extinct on Cybertron before the Autobots we see today existed. So Predacons are like dinosaurs to them. But why would Decepticons want it? Well, there's a new scientist on the Decepticon ranks. Well, new to me, anyway. His name is Shockwave. He cloned the Predacon that the bots sent to the Antarctic during the battle of Darkmount. And, at a guess, he plans to make more.

A lot more. But how did the Predacons come to Earth and die here? Ratchet looked them up. I've never seen a Predacon but they look like creatures from our Greek Mythologies and Medieval literature. Most likely Megatron had Shockwave clone them during the war and sent them here. But, as they did on Cybertron, they went extinct here and only their skeletons remain. Later that night, most of us were asleep. I was helping Ratchet with the Synthetic Energon.

Because we have a limited amount of Energon since the old base was destroyed, we're just trying to make the Synthetic Energon more stable so everyone else can use it. But we were interrupted by Fowler saying we've detected some Decepticon activity at an oil field and one in Scotland. Magnus took Wheeljack and Bulk to Scotland while Optimus went to the oil field with Bee and Smokescreen. Well, while they do that, I'll be helping Ratchet.