Chapter Four: Con Job

(Y/N)'s POV:

Ratchet and I have gotten along well since he tamed me. I suppose I'm like a pet to him. I mean, he got me a collar to wear. It's (F/C) with a metal heart hanging off. It has my name engraved on the front too. At first, it made me feel like a dog but now I kinda like it. As long as he doesn't put me on a lead, we'll be fine. But I don't think he will. He's not like the hunters who have caught me before. One even put a shock collar on me. The scar is still there to this day but I now hide it with my new collar.

But I'm more interested in doing final tests and repairs on this groundbridge. I asked Ratchet how it was even damaged in the first place. He told me it was creatures called Scraplets. It's like a maggot except they eat metal, not meat. So that's what happened. They ate some of the hard drives and anything important. But, as for now, I was watching Ratchet work at the main console. He was teaching me how to read their language to make it easier for me to work with him. But soon, we saw a signal pop up on the screen.

"Optimus I'm receiving a signal on a restricted band," Ratchet said getting everyone's attention, "It appears to be coming from a starship inside this solar system."

I tap a few buttons on one of the computers, "it's an Autobot identification beacon."

"So there are other bots out there?" Jack asked.

"The masses scattered to the galaxies when Cybertron finally went dark, but cons have been known to bait traps with false beacons," Arcee said.

I've been introduced to everyone so I know who they are now. And I can understand Bumblebee who has a voice box problem.

"Unknown vessel, this is Autobot Outpost Omega One. Identify yourself," Optimus said to the ship.

"I've had warmer welcomes from Decepticon combat brigades," a voice said.

"Wheeljack?!" Bulk came closer, "you old con crusher! What are you doing all the way out here?"

"Bulkhead? That you? What's with all the security?" The bot seemingly known as Wheeljack asked.

"The rock we're on is crawling with cons. How soon can you get here and even the odds?"

"Sometime tomorrow if I put metal to the pedal."

"Another bot's coming here. How cool is that!" Miko said smiling.

"Wheeljack -- I know of him by reputation only. Can you verify his voiceprint?" Optimus asked Bulk

"He is 1,000% the real deal, Optimus," Bulk said smiling.

"We will send landing coordinates, Wheeljack. Safe journey."

"See you soon, buddy. I'll make sure you get a proper welcome."

The call disconnects.

"So, who's the boyfriend?" I asked Bulk

Bulk chuckles, "Me and Jackie go way back. We were part of the same war unit, the Wreckers, which means the cons are gonna wish he never found us."

If he's that scary, I'm not sure I want to meet him. I'll most likely be working with Ratchet anyway so I'll hopefully be fine. That night, everyone was getting ready for Wheeljack's arrival. Me, I listened to Ratchet teach me his language. Everyone makes him out to be this grumpy, old bot but he's really kind, sweet and gentle. He just wants to be back on Cybertron and not be in this war. I suppose anyone would. The humans probably did too during WW1 and 2. I learned that from museums and memorials. It looked and sounded awful.