Jealousy

A/N: 'Ello darlings! The picture above is supposed to be Adira's dress. As always, enjoy!

Frigga's fingers brushed against the skin of Adira's back as she laced up the ties of her dress. Her touch was warm and motherly. Adira stared at her gown in the full-length mirror. The bodice was made up of a soft pink lace, covered in silk roses. The skirt was an enriched green, making her think of Loki.

"You look beautiful." Frigga smiled.

When she was done, Adira let down her curls she had been holding out the way. They brushed her bare shoulders, tickling her skin. The corset she wore underneath the gown pushed her breasts slightly upward, giving them more plumpness. A blush came to her face when she thought of Loki seeing her in this gown.

"Are you sure this is necessary?"

Frigga frowned. "What is necessary?"

"This gown. My hair. All of this for me?"

"You are a hero to Asgard. Tonight we celebrate you. Everything is necessary."

"I only hope so." Adria turned away from the mirror.

"Pray that Thor doesn't try to steel you away from Loki." Frigga chuckled under her breath.

"What?"

Frigga covered her mouth. "Nothing. Come, dear, I'll escort you to the ballroom. I'm sure everyone is anticipating your arrival."

Adira shook her head and smiled.

***

"And then she came down from the sky, pouring out hot flames all over the Elves!" Thor held up his goblet as he told his friends and fellow warriors of Adira. It had been almost a week since they came back from the dark realm and Thor could not stop telling the story of how Adira transformed into a dragon.

Loki lingered behind his brother, smiling at the looks of awe on the other's faces.

"So." Lady Sif walked up to him. "I never thought you would find love before Thor would."

"What? Jealous." Loki smirked, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Well, I never said that I-"

Loki chuckled. "I'm kidding. I am fully aware that I am not your type."

"Who said that you weren't?" Lady Sif accused.

"The way you look at Thor did."

Lady Sif blinked, her face flustered. Then she smiled and laughed. "You just love to spoil my secrets don't you?"

"It's one of my many talents." Loki laughed and turned his gaze towards the stairs leading up to the entrance.

Lady Sif took notice. "You're not nervous, are you?"

Loki didn't verbally confirm, but the way he rubbed his hands together did.

She chuckled and slapped his back. "Good luck."

Thor suddenly wrapped his arm around Loki, clearly already drunk. "And then she stabbed Loki! In the chest! Now that is what I call payback from all these years."

"Tell us Loki, how does it feel?" Fandral joked.

"Liberating."

Volstagg furrowed his brow. "You are a strange one, Loki."

The announcer at the ballroom entrance called for attention. "Announcing the arrival of her highness, Adira Beodottir, Princess of Agenshire, Goddess of Joy, blessed to oversee all talent."