Cured

***A/N: 'Ello darlings!! Hope the previous cliffhanger didn't upset you too much. I just wanted to thank you all for your support and love! As always, happy reading.***

***

Loki's scream pierced Adira's ears as she twisted the blade further. Her tears flowed down her face, dripping onto Loki's. He grabbed onto her thigh, his nails digging into her skin.

"Adira, what are you doing!" Thor shouted behind her.

A strange sonnet came to Adira's mind and she recited it quietly in an ancient dialect. Slowly, the sword began to dissolve into Loki's chest, causing his body to glow just like hers. His eyes returned to normal and his skin grew tanner (but not by much). Loki's grip on her leg loosened, his arm falling back to the ground.

***

A sharp pain ignited into Loki's chest. He cried out as it pierced further into his body, he reached out his hand, grabbing onto something soft. Then suddenly, he heard Adira's voice. She was singing some kind of remedy. Like the one at the end of the ballad when her lover is about to die and she saves him!

Wait, that meant that he was. . . .

Loki felt the curse retreating from out of his body all while something new and light replaced it. His sight cleared and he saw Adira kneeling over him, crying and smiling at the same time.

"Adira. Love?" He slowly sat up.

She let out a cry of joy and lurched herself onto him, burying her face in the crook of his neck. He felt her arms squeezing around his waist and her body shuttered against his.

Loki smiled and closed his eyes, wrapping one arm around her waist while letting the other caress her hair.

"I was so afraid, Loki." Her fists clenched tighter against his back.

"But you did it. Just as the ballad foretold." Loki whispered in her ear.

She pulled back and wiped her cheeks. "What do you mean?"

"At the end of the ballad, the Goddess of Joy overcomes herself, defeating her enemies and saving the life of her loved one."

Disrupting their moment, the Bifrost shot down, spitting out the armies of Asgard with Oden on top of a white horse.

Loki stood, helping Adira up, who was still clutching onto him.

Oden dismounted, his face scrunched up in fury. "Where is that damned girl? Bring her to me!"

Frigga ran to her husband's side to soften him but he dismissed her immediately.

"Father, Adira has defeated the Dark Elves, cleansing the Dark Realm, and has cured Loki," Thor explained.

Spotting Loki and Adira, Odin stomped in their direction, his face softened but his brows still furrowed. "Is this true?"

Loki held up his arms. "See for yourself, father."

"I see." the All-father didn't remove his gaze from them.

"Tell me, girl. When you decided to deliberately disobey me, did you not think to understand that consequences would follow?"

"And what consequences do you have in mind, father?" Loki challenged.

"Adira is a hero, not a criminal. You should celebrate her, not apprehend her," Thor added.

Adira stepped away from Loki. "Your majesty, if I may-"

"No! You may not." Odin snarled. 

"Odin." Frigga's hand fell upon his shoulder. "She is not the one you should be scolding. It was my idea to come here. I could not just stand idle while our son withered away. But it is because of Adira that we succeeded."

The All-father sighed. "Because you have saved Loki and defeated my most treacherous enemy, I will spare you. But, because you are no longer in danger, you may return to Midgard and live out your days in peace." He turned to leave.

"But what if she wanted to stay?" Loki's voice stopped him.

Odin didn't turn back around. "Is this love for the girl I hear in my son?"

Loki swallowed. He knew his father's strictness upon suitors for him and Thor.

Chuckling softly, Odin faced Loki. "What sorcery is this that a simple goddess from Agenshire has saved both Asgard and my family and has now even captivated the heart of my most difficult son?"

"I assure you, your majesty," Adira began. "That I am not simple. Humble, yes. But simple no. I have recently learned of how much power I truly possess, and I promise you this, if you let me stay in Asgard, I will never set harm to anyone who lives there. And if it be your will, I will serve valiantly under your command."

"Hmm," Odin mused. "Do you love my son?"

Loki held his breath as he waited for her answer, his heart pounding in his chest. When she looked to smile at him he almost fainted.

"Yes, your majesty. I love Loki with all my heart."

"Well," Odin sighed. "I suppose it would be cruel of me to hinder you two further."