四十: last chapter III

* * *

"He's in this room," Toji calmly said, slowly opening the door and patted Sukuna's shoulder before walking away.

Sukuna stood there and annoyingly messed his hair before going in. He immediately met Megumi, wearing nothing! NOTHING!

Sukuna's face flushed a deep red and tried to look away but Megumi's body looked amazing, so he secretly watched the other male.

"Ahem..."

Sukuna jolted in surprise when Megumi caught him staring. "I wasn't..."

Megumi raised a brow even though he's so embarrassed. Sukuna sighed and chuckled. "Okay okay, relax..."

"Why are you here...?"

Sukuna frowned. "You're really asking me why I'm here?"

"Yeah."

"Tsk."

"Did you just click your tongue?"

"Nope... nope..." Sukuna backed away and leaned on the wall. He glanced at Megumi and smiled. "So... you don't wanna see me?"

Megumi slowly smiled and sat on the bed. He's now wearing clothes.

"I do want to see you but not here... not in here..." Megumi sighed and massaged his temple. "I mean, I'm still recovering and I'm not allowed to go out yet."

Sukuna just smiled and sat next to Megumi. "You know, in that five months, I've been asking myself why I was harsh to you. And, I was glad I found the answers to my questions." he chuckled. "I was harsh to you because I still couldn't believe that I can meet you again after all those years of not seeing each other. I thought I was imagining things. I was only thinking about myself and forgot about your feelings."

Both of them went quiet. With a sigh, Megumi bit the inside of his cheek and waited for Sukuna to speak again.

"Now that I'm here, talking to you, I feel like dying," Sukuna laughed out loud. "I regret all of it."

"Regret what?" Megumi immediately asked. He doesn't know why he suddenly felt nervous. He's anxious again. Who wouldn't? What if Sukuna's gonna tell him that he regrets being with him?

"I don't exactly know..." Sukuna brushed his hair back with his fingers, sighing. "When I forced you against your will."

Megumi glanced at Sukuna and didn't expect that the other is already staring at him. But, Sukuna looked away.

"I told you, I was fine with it..." Megumi forced a smile after looking away. "If I didn't like it, I would've punched or kicked you."

"It was still my fault. And, I'm sorry. For everything."

Megumi felt Sukuna's hand touch his. Sukuna held Megumi's hand tightly before letting go. And, at that moment, Megumi felt an immense fear building inside him. What's that feeling? He felt like he could barely breathe. It's like his heart was sinking.

"I talked to my Mom last month and surprisingly, we made up. She doesn't hate me anymore," Sukuna chuckled in amusement. "Until now, I still couldn't believe that she accepted me as her son."

"That's nice..." Megumi can only say that to him as he's still bothered by his uneasiness. He felt like Sukuna wanted to tell him something... that's why he's been distancing himself. And, of course, Megumi doesn't want Sukuna to act like that.

"Megumi, I..." Sukuna looked at him, he was smiling. A smile that Megumi didn't want to see. Sukuna held his hand once again and even though Megumi wanted to stop him from finishing that line, he couldn't. He couldn't utter a word. "I will go with my Mom to Canada. She wanted me to study there and finish high school. I don't about the college part yet but I think we won't be back for years--and I also wanted to tell you that, you'll be happier without me--"