四十: last chapter I

a/n: guess who's back~ i'm sorry for being gone for so long but i've returned! obviously, last chapter will be divided into three- or idk hehe. thank you so much and i missed ya'll!

(i really planned on writing again on my birthday (last sept 25th) but we ain't got our wifi yet so i was really down and just waited-) T^T

- 5 months later....

"Hmm... I don't look good with this outfit."

"You do!" she snapped her fingers in front of my face with a frown. "So shut it and go!"

"But how 'bout you?" I pulled her closer and let out a sigh. She looked like she's about to murder me.

"I am going, of course. I'll text Masaru since I'm his partner," she retorted with a grin then tapped my shoulder. "You should go now. The party's starting!"

"Fine..."

I grumpily fixed my tie, staring at my face in the mirror. I don't look so good today, damn. Why is that?

"Good luck, Ryoumen Sukuna."

-

How many days, weeks and months had passed? I couldn't count them anymore. The only thing I can remember was that steamy night, and the next day of that...

I couldn't find him anymore.

I've been looking for him yet there's no sign of him. Maybe it was our last meeting so he decided to do it with me?

He confessed that he likes me... and I like him. But where is he now? Damn this.

Is it my mother's doing again? But she promised not to touch him. Well, who would believe a liar's words?

"What are you frowning about?" a soft voice behind me spoke.

I felt her took a sit beside me and looked at the direction where I'm looking at: the dance floor. I'm currently here in our graduation party.

"Nothing."

"You're unusually quiet today... something wrong?"

"I said nothing."

"Is it because of..." she paused, as if she already knew what will happen to her if she continues it. "Anyways, you're becoming nicer. Like a human now?"

I rolled my eyes and turned to look at her. She's grinning at me. Fuck you, bitch.

"Don't ruin my night..." I said with a frown.

"Eh?" she looked at me confused. "I thought your night is already ruined because he's not here."

"Shut the hell up..." I looked away with a sigh. She's making me wanna choke her to death.

"Sukuna..."

I frowned when her voice turned into a serious one.

"What?" I leaned on the chair with crossed arms. I glanced at her dress. I smiled a little. It suits her.

"If I tell you something, will you get mad at me?"

"Huh?" I made a confused look. The fuck she's talking about?

"I want to confess to you about something..." she stared into my eyes.

We're just staring at each other until she took a small envelope out of her bag. I took it from her without uttering a word.

"After this party, open the envelope," she leaned back on her chair but still locked eyes with me.

Maybe a letter? From... Megumi?

"You're blushing, Sukuna."

Fuck. She noticed? This woman... fuck!

I glared at her but she just chuckled. Oh, she's not scared of me? Not anymore? Maybe I did become... soft.

This is all your fault Megumi. Hmp.

"Hi..."

I lifted my head as fast as I can to meet the person who approached us. She's smiling at us but her attention immediately turned to me.

"You're here..." I uttered with a gulp.

She's stunning! I knew Honey's beautiful but I've never seen her wearing a dress. This is a first.

I might fall in love with her if I forget about Megumi. But he's the reason of my change... I can't forget about him. He's my life.

"I missed you, dumbass." she greeted with a big grin.

I only chuckled and noticed Satomi looking so amazed at Honey. First time meeting a Goddess?

"I missed you too, how's life?" oh, she gave me a glass of wine. I accepted it with a smile.

"Good. Working a lot... here and there."

"Hm. You sh—"

"Can I talk to you in private?" she asked, eyes turning to Satomi who looked at us with a smile.

"I'll be with my friends~!" then she... left.

Honey sat on the empty chair beside me with crossed legs. After placing her glass on the round table, she looked at me.

"I have good and bad news."

"Hmm?" I took a sip of the wine and stared at her in interest.

"What do you want to know first?"

"Good?"

"I found Megumi."

My eyes widen. She's not joking right now, is she? That can't be true... but thinking about her job... it would be possible that she can find him.

I felt... happy, but for some reason... I felt nervous. What the fuck is wrong with these mixed emotions?

"The bad one?" I asked hesitantly.

She took a deep breath and unexpectedly her face softened. I feel like she's about to say something that will make me—

"He's the son of my..." she bit her lips. My eyebrows met in confusion. Did she say... my? My what?

"He's the son of my Boss. And I kept him away from you because it is what my Boss asked me to do!"

I felt my world crashed into millions of pieces.

-
don't curse at toji lmao

quick explanation:

after they seggs that night, sukuna didn't see megumi. basically he disappeared like a 👻. and honey's job... still unknown but now we know that her boss is toji.

what do ya think the reason why he asked honey to keep his son away from sukuna?

ye, this not gonna end like what u imagined- (kidding~)

additional:

discord: shamicake#0801 (if u will add me, pls dm me that you're my reader so i won't be confused asf-) okkkkk i made a server just for this and the invitation's in the message board/conversations! check it out if u wanna join!