0.4

We get back to the hotel and Michael invites everyone over to watch a movie.

"I brought Friday the Thirteenth if anyone wants to watch it." He says in the elevator and everyone agrees.

We walk into his room and find comfortable spots to watch the movie. Trey and Mark sat on the floor at the bottom of the bed, Dom sat with Noah on the couch, Kevin watched from a chair, and I sat with Michael on the bed.

Once the movie ends everyone leaves. I, being half asleep, decided to just stay with Michael.

"So, um, I hope I'm not overstepping or anything here but what exactly happened with Dominic?" Michael asks as Trey finally leaves. I yawn and roll over to face him before replying.

"Well like I said, we met on Bad. We had to share a bed for like two weeks and then we just got used to it so even when there were two beds we would opt to share. I didn't want to get together right away, he had asked what I wanted to be during one of the breaks. I think I said that we never really put a label on it, right?" He nods as he turns the light off.

"Yeah and um we said the L word and everything but I had applied to SVA and got in. The tour ended a few days after the semester started so I left right away. And I mean right away, like I got back home from our last show and left early the next morning. Anyway I didn't want to call or say goodbye face to face because that would have been so much harder, so I wrote a letter and slipped it under his door before I left. Then I got to college and technically I've graduated but I won't be able to go to graduation." He nods again before a look of confusion flashes across his face.

"Wait but the tour ended in early 1989, right?" I nod, not sure where he was going with this.

"How have you graduated? That's only like two and a half years."

"Well I took a lot of AP's in highschool, and I barely had any freetime because I took as many classes as I could to graduate early. I have a BFA in dance and I might go back again to minor in something else but I'm not completely sure yet." He nods and I roll onto my back, staring at the ceiling.

He falls asleep first and I roll over again before falling asleep.

The next morning I leave after we have breakfast together at a random diner. I skated back to Amèlie's apartment and let myself in. Chessa looks up from where she was working at the table.

"Who did you stay with last night?" She asks and I hear a door down the hall open.

"Is Ella back?" Amèlie calls as I put my board away.

"Yeah." I say as she walks into the room.

"Who did you stay with?"

"I just asked that!" Chessa says and Amèlie looks over at her with a small smile.

"Anyway," I say, making them break eye contact and look over. "I stayed with Michael."

"A boy?" Amèlie gasps.

"Yeah. Nothing happened." I promise before walking into my room and setting my board down.

I quickly shower before making my way back to my room. I grab a guitar and skate to the Freehand again.

The receptionist smiles at me as I pass. The elevator doors open and I press the floor for Michael's room, hoping he would be dressed and everything. I walk down the hall and knock, hearing voices in the room.

Michael opens the door and I smile at him as I walk in.

"Hey guys!" I say, setting my board and guitar down by the dresser.