0.3

I woke up the next morning and rolled over, not wanting to get out of bed. There's a soft knock at the door before it opens.

"Hey Isa, I made waffles if you want some." Chessa says quietly and I sit up.

"I'll be out in a minute, thanks." She nods and closes the door. I roll out of bed and grab some fuzzy socks before walking out of my old room. I sit down next to Chessa and she hands me a plate of waffles.

The phone rings a few hours later and I jump. I get up and walk over to it. Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I pick up the phone.

"Is this Isabella Rossi?" I hear Kenny ask. 

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Well I wanted to talk to you about your audition. I think it'll be easier in person if you want to come down to where we held auditions the past two days?"

"Sure, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Awesome, thank you so much." He says before hanging up.

Wondering what he wanted, I grabbed Amèlie's keys and my bag before walking down to the garage. I drive down to the building and park before walking in.

Kenny was talking to the receptionist but turned when I walked in.

"Oh Isabella! Never mind," he says to the receptionist with a smile. "You can follow me." He says to me. I nod and follow him up to one of the rooms where Peggy and another woman that I didn't recognize were waiting.

"Isabella, this is Elisabeth, she is our casting director, and you already know Peggy the assistant choreographer. We needed to talk to you like I said before, you can take a seat." He says, pointing at a chair. I nod and pull it over as he sits down.

"So we absolutely loved your audition. You were obviously the outlier from the rest of the girls who auditioned. We're just worried about the songs. We would need you to sing lower than you're probably used to and we don't want you to hurt yourself." Elisabeth starts and I nod.

"If we were just looking at your dance and acting auditions, you would definitely get the role. Not only that but one of the dance captains. You were one of the most eye-catching dancers, we can tell you love it and you're really good." Peggy continues Elisabeth's thought.

"But like Elisabeth said, we don't want you to hurt your vocal cords with the singing. Originally we hadn't planned on letting any girls audition for a newsie role simply because of the songs and having to keep the notes low. Not only that, but you'd pretty much be surrounded by boys during rehearsal and on set. We are planning on only having two or three other women on set, excluding extras. It is completely your choice if you want to take the role, don't feel like you have to, but keep in mind that you'll have to have some low notes." Kenny says and I nod.

"We'll have a vocal coach on set for the lead, she can work with you on the notes as well if you want." He finishes and sits back slightly. "So, do you want the role?" He asks and I pause.

"Sure." I smile at them as Peggy cheers quietly.

"Awesome! I already have some spots in mind of where you'll be in the front, and you'll definitely be one of the dance captains, assuming you're okay with that." She says, pulling her notes forward.

I laugh and nod as Kenny stands and holds his hand out. I shake his hand and he walks me out.

"I'll send out the rest of the information later this week, okay?" He asks as we get to the lobby.

"Alright. Thank you so much!" I say and he smiles.

"Thank you. I can tell you'll do great." I smile and walk out after thanking him again.