36. The mud sandwich

Start from the beginning

"Dhruv.." I punched on his chest playfully but he caught my hand and put it there. Here I was getting afraid that he will shout on me but this idiot Malhotra was messing with me. My cheeks turning into red and I glare at him but a playful smile tugged on his lips and his eyes were filled with mischievousness.

"But seriously pens..."

"Ddhhrruuvv..." I free my hand from him and put my palms on my face, hiding my embarrassing ass from him.

"You are making me more embarrassed." I said between my palms and a real smile crept on my face. I was laughing too but I did not remove my hands from my face.

"Okay..okay..stop hiding yourself behind your palms but I don't know we have little thief here in my office...." He said the first line with amusement but when he said last line, his voice low.

"....But a cute and beautiful one." He slowly removed my hands from my face and I let him. I was smiling and blushing at the same time but I still keep my eyelids down.

He hold my chin with his thumb and forefinger and lifted up. I slowly lifted my eyelids and looked at him. His eyes were showing so many emotions.

"You look beautiful when you smile from the heart." He whispered and tugged a loose strand of hair behind my ear and caressed my cheek.

He was looking at me like he was seeing me for the first time. There were a adoration in his eyes but not the ordinary one. He is looking at me like a lover see his love. Our foreheads are almost touching and my heart was thumping loudly, that I am sure he could hear it beats.

"If I know you are the one who was stealing my pens, I would have buy a whole pen factory for you." He said while caressing my right cheek with his thumb and there was a beautiful grin on his his face. Smile still does not leave my face and my cheeks are getting more red if that's possible.

"Nice jock Malhotra." I said while looking directly into his eyes but soon realisation hit me hard. My eyes went wide and I put my hand on my mouth in shock. Dhruv's grin went wide but he was looking little confused and again amusement came back on his eyes.

"Did you just call me Malhotra?" He asked me with mischievous grin and in confusion.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean that. It just came out from my mouth." I apologised to him and he again started laughing.

"Do you have any other nick name for me?" He asked. Mischievousness was playing in his eyes.

"No and I think, I should go now." I took my notepad and ran to door but before I could cross the door....

"Aditi.." I stopped and turn to him when he took my name. He was leaning back to his table, shoving his both hands inside his trousers pockets.

"I was serious about the pen factory." He said loudly.

"We will see...." I said between my smile and walked out from his cabin before I make myself more embarrassed. When I turn and peek through the slightly open door, I heard him chuckling while shaking his head in amusement and again went back to his chair.

*****

I again found myself sitting in a cafeteria, looking at the people enjoying their lunch. I don't want to come here but I have to as I was hungry and I was trying to feed my stomach looking others having their lunch. Dhruv is not here in the office. He had the conference meeting outside so he left early and didn't come yet.

Dhruv asked me to be his friend. I know I promised myself that I don't want yo get attached to anyone. I don't anyone to come into my life but I could not resist myself when Dhruv asked me for the friendship. In childhood, every night I pray for him, I want Dhruv to be my friend at least and now he himself asked me to be his friend.