Bitter Day

It's a silent drive from their house to the Joen's place to celebrate Jungkook's birthday. Jin is busy sorting through his email and Jungkook's patience is getting thinner at the alarming rate.

"Is there anything I can help you?"

Jungkook being the thick-skinned he is, started a small talk.

"Assist what?"

Jin is brought back to reality because Jungkook is being nosy and he isn't used to it.

"It seems like you have a lot on your hand these days. Going out early in the morning and coming back late. You can ask me for help; I don't mind."

Jungkook is pleased with himself for offering a helping hand for the first time.

"You must be so grateful of me hehe"

Jungkook proudly thought to himself and Jin just scoffed at him.

"The audacity"

He whispered under his breath.

"What?"

Jungkook is bewildered because he heard it.

"Do I have to say thank you, your majesty?"

"Is sarcasm your new language, Jeon Soekjin?"

Jungkook can never understand how Seokjin is back to being sarcastic person he once was. He was being polite and that's all he got.

"Whatever makes you happy"

Jin scoffed and continue to ignore Jungkook until they arrive at the Jeon's place.

"My Jinnie"

Soomi's voice is echo through out the mansion as soon as she saw her favorite person.

She ran straight to give Jin a bone-crushing hug and literally ignore her son.

"Aww look at my baby you've lost weight. Come come let's eat. I've prepared all your favorite."

She drags Jin to dining table and Jungkook standing there like a SIM character watching his mother ignore him like he's invisible.

"You should have been used to this now, son."

Jinyoung can only console his son behind his wife's back.

"This is absolutely biased. I'm her son here and she makes me feel like dust clinging on ceiling and it's my birthday not Seokjin's."

They walked behind the lovely duo while mumbling how his mother adore her son in law than her own.

After they settle down at the table that Soomi, try to give her son some information regarding what's happening in Jin's life by asking him some question.

"Has everything been going smooth for your shop Jinnie?"

She gave Jungkook a glare when her son literally has no idea and now almost have his eyes bulged out because he knows nothing.

"What shop?"

Jungkook questioned Jin and Jin just wants to facepalm himself. He should has known that no matter what, Soomi is Jungkook's mother and she'll find a way to tell him.

"Everything has been going smooth so far aunty. And yes I plan to open a shophouse for my designing passion."

Jungkook feels a knife stab into his heart. Jin is opening a shop and nothing has passed his ear. Like nothing at all. Has he been cut out completely?

"Why does I hear nothing about it?"

He asked in a really calm voice despite the storm raging in his heart right now.

"We're all busy and it's not like you care. I've got all the support I need and I don't want to bother you."

"More like I don't want to include you in everything I do"

Jin doesn't want to utter the last part because the Joen parents are looking at their son sympathetically.

"I always ask you if there's anything I could help and you said you don't wanna bother me? I'm your husband Seokjin. I should be the first person who hear about this. We live under the same roof."

Jungkook's tone is portraying how hurt he is by Jin's word and action. He's never been feeling like this before. Jin always told him first whenever he wants to do something and now has come when he's maybe the last person who hear about this.

Soomi and Jinyoung can only look at each other and look at them arguing. Soomi wants her son to get his sense back and remember to embrace what he has before it's too late.

Or has it been too late already?

He reached out to grab Jin's hand under table only to get shock the hell out of him.

Something is missing on Jin's finger and Jungkook pray that it's his delusional mind mocking him only to turn out it's true.

One thing did disappear from Jin's ring finger.
**********

A/N:
Double update is on the way!!!!!!!
I have no excuse for how I disappeared ahaha. Hope double update is a reasonable compensate.

Enjoy folks!!!